The FCF is going on holiday it seems...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

The FCF is going on holiday it seems...

Post by CitroJim »

If the forum goes off the air soon, the reason may be connected with this email I received, addressed to the forum :roll:

"Good day,
Thank you for using our new service "Buy flight ticket Online" on our website.
Your account has been created:

Your login: forum@frenchcarforum.co.uk
Your password: passH2DC

Your credit card has been charged for $436.48.
We would like to remind you that whenever you order tickets on our website you get a discount of 10%!
Attached to this message is the purchase Invoice and the flight ticket.
To use your ticket, simply print it on a color printed, and you are set to take off for the journey!

Kind regards,
Ryan Harden
Virgin America"

I know forums have a life of their own but surely this is the first one to take off like this.. First I knew of the forum having a credit card as well..

The forum also seems to have a bit of a thing going with Anjelina Jolie. It keeps being offered nude pictures of her...

Perhaps it is flying out to see her :?

Spam. Don't you just love it :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it might not be spam it may be corn(y)ed beef
regards malcolm
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The Angelina Jolie offers are malware, as you probably already know. Don't go anywhere near it or your machine will be absorbed, Borg-fashion, into a botnet.
Unless you have a Linux machine, of course 8)
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

So what are you going to do with the free flight then? :lol:

I recently won over half a million pounds on an e-lottery last week and I didn't even have to buy a ticket!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:The Angelina Jolie offers are malware, as you probably already know.
Absolutely Steve, they both carry malicious looking attachments. The Virgin one has a .zip as it's payload and has been steered very well clear of. I have no desire to find out just how good the lastest offering from Mr. McAfee is :lol:

citronut wrote:it might not be spam it may be corn(y)ed beef
The irony is, I'm a vegetarian!
MikeT wrote:So what are you going to do with the free flight then?
The second irony is Mike, I don't, can't and won't fly :roll: Just as I'm thinking of trying to overcome my fear of flying, something happens like that Qantas flight the other day and it sets me right back to square one :( So, yours if you want it. I'll email the .zip to you :lol:

Tell you what, how about sharing that half million quid out? I can think of some very worthy causes for it. A fully equipped forum garage perhaps?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Re: The FCF is going on holiday it seems...

Post by JohnD »

citrojim wrote:I

"Good day,
Thank you for using our new service "Buy flight ticket Online" on our website.
Your account has been created:

Your credit card has been charged for $436.48.

:
I received four copies of this email a week or so ago. All four with different amounts. I didn't open them - but I did have a quick check on my card accounts. Nothing was on them that shouldn't be :)
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

So what are you going to do with the free flight then? Laughing

I recently won over half a million pounds on an e-lottery last week and I didn't even have to buy a ticket!!
I recently 'won' a lottery, and a few hours later received a 'business opportunity' letter, requesting help recovering some Nigerian money. In a fit of magnanimity, I replied to the latter with a copy of the lottery confirmation, saying that the letter writer was welcome to my winnings, to save having to recover their money.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It gets worse :roll:

The forum is now in converstaion with a Russian lady via email and she wishes to come over to meet the forum :lol:
The purpose of my letter: I shall receive the Visa of the Visitor of the Great Britain on August.
I want to arrive to the Great Britain, but I have no any friends or familiar who can meet me on airport. I really hope, that you can do it for me.

But if you will answer to me I will write more about me and about my life.
Probably we can develop our relations also.

I hope, that you will have interest after reading my letter.
Also I have interest too. Please inform me:
1 - your name?
2 - your city?
3 - your age?
4 - to send me your photo also?
5 - would you like to meet the woman for love?
:shock:
Jim

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Two-timing bitch! I'm paying for her flight to the UK out of my lottery money and that's the gratitude I get? :cry:
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

The Angelina Jolie offers are malware, as you probably already know. Don't go anywhere near it or your machine will be absorbed, Borg-fashion, into a botnet.
Unless you have a Linux machine, of course
Or of course a Mac...
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Just as I'm thinking of trying to overcome my fear of flying, something happens like that Qantas flight the other day and it sets me right back to square one
Still no fatalities since birth...
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

citronut wrote:
it might not be spam it may be corn(y)ed beef

The irony is, I'm a vegetarian!
Hopefully, not your dogs Jim...
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The forum really gets around. It's just bought another flight to somewhere today and it cost $945..

So, how is the forum financing all this jet-setting? I found out today on receipt of this e-mail. It has a job and earms £10,000 per year into the bargain :lol:
Thank you for enquiring.
With reference to your resume we are happy to offer you to fill up the Payment Processing Clerk position in our company.

This position focuses on the management of daily, weekly and monthly tasks and special projects pertaining to the finance support for accounting in United Kingdom.

Hours: You can work full time or part time. Your schedule can be flexible.
For part time - you will need to spend on average 2 hours per day, Monday-Friday.

Position requires:
- Assist the Accountant and HR Departments in a support role performing special projects, data entry and other duties as assigned;
- Investigate and resolve all customer payment inquiries.
- Investigate and resolve all payments received without a valid customer account number.
- Process manual direct pay applications.
- Process all the exception payments, correspondence, rejects from the lockbox provider.
- Processing of Deferred Payment Agreements (DPA).
- Use of contemporary computer software (e.g., Windows; Microsoft Office Suite) a MUST.

Salary/Wage: 10,000.00 GBP - 15,000.00 GBP/year.

Location: This is a work at home position. All communication will be online. During training/trial period assistance may be provided by phone and e-mail.

Costs and Fees: There are NO costs at any time for our employees. All fees related to this employment are covered by the company.
We'll be having a chat to the forum about it paying its own hosting fees soon...
Jim