Farnborough airshow 2008

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Farnborough airshow 2008

Post by Xaccers »

Despite working there about 10 years ago, I've never had a chance to go to the airshow until now (wow has the site changed!)

Three of us went and took over 1000 photos.
Unfortunately my new camera hasn't arrived so I had to use my old 300D, but it did a decent enough job I think, but is really showing it's age.

More photos will be up later

Mine with the 300D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xaccers/se ... 3039/show/

Joe's with my A80 and his blackberry!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pointblank55/show
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

No spectacular crashes :?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

No, afraid not.

I've uploaded all of mine, and Jimmy's is about half way through
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xaccers/se ... 5570/show/
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I could have sworn the Vulcan was no longer fit to fly but there it is, in all it's glory, gracing the skies like a huge moth. Good to see I must say, cheers for sharing those xac.

Coincidentally, I was tasked with providing networked pc's and laser printers for an american airshow magazine the day before Farnboro' 199? on-site, airside 8)

It was difficult resisting the urge to look out to the airfiled everytime I heard a military jet - particularly when it was a Russian Mig doing a certain stalling manouvre that it's famous for! When the Red Arrows appeared, I should have kept my thoughts to myself but couldn't help blurting out to anyone in the vicinity (ie. American aircraft fanatics!) "Look at that, the best pilots in the world" :oops: :P

There's an annual funday here this Sunday that raises funds for the lifeboats and we're always given a show by the resident Red Bull Sea Vixen which I thoroughly enjoy seeing. There'll also be a pair of yakolovs and the Red Arrows might also do a short stint or flyby as they're based here too.

There's a huge 4-day event planned for August in Bournemouth (RAF 90th), it's going to be manic getting in and out but when it comes to airshows (of which there will be plenty!) we can watch from the beaches of adjoining towns with little effort and fuss. :lol:
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

MikeT wrote:I could have sworn the Vulcan was no longer fit to fly but there it is, in all it's glory, gracing the skies like a huge moth. Good to see I must say, cheers for sharing those xac.
I got to see the first public performance for 15 years at the Waddington Airshow earlier this month. We don't have a decent camera, but this will stick in the mind anyway:

Two of Avro's finest!

Lots of better pictures on t'internet if anyone is interested.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I saw (and heard) a fantastic thing today..

A Lanacaster Bomber flew low over my work place and luckily I was working outside..

It was magical :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...