Car Show

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Car Show

Post by MikeT »

If it's been covered already I apologise, I must have missed it.

Is anyone going to, or have been to the French Car Show?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I went to FCS '05 in my 205GTi Mike..

If you like chavmobiles, modded Saxos and big speakers it can be good.

They usually do a trackday which might be good.

At FCS '05 I met the automotive loves of my life for the first time: the Citroen BX 16V "Valver" and the Xantia Activa 8) The valver owners were rather possessive of their engines being they're the Mi16 and favourite for doing a conversion on the 205GTi. Far too many 16V BXs have died to make an 205Mi16 :evil: :evil:

Subsequent shows, I understand, have been a little plagued with the wrong types attending and using the car parks as a free source of spares and accessories if you get my drift...

Not really my cup of tea nowadays to be brutally frank... Getting old :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

French Car Show

For anyone wishing to go, the bookings close soon.
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

Oh dear. I was almost getting ready for this until I saw the web page gallery. :roll:
Aren't there ever any 'classic Citroen' shows anywhere?
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

C.J. wrote:Oh dear. I was almost getting ready for this until I saw the web page gallery. :roll:
The place for that will be the Citroen Car Club national rally up near Peterborough (or is it Huntingdon?) in a few weeks time. I hope to be there unless current family matters dictate otherwise..

I take it that bodykitted Saxo's with 20 speakers in the back does not appeal then :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

citrojim wrote:
C.J. wrote:Oh dear. I was almost getting ready for this until I saw the web page gallery. :roll:
The place for that will be the Citroen Car Club national rally up near Peterborough (or is it Huntingdon?) in a few weeks time. I hope to be there unless current family matters dictate otherwise..

I take it that bodykitted Saxo's with 20 speakers in the back does not appeal then :lol:
Will it be announced in here Jim?
I'd love to visit that....dates / wife/work permitting (not neccessarily in that order :lol: )

As for the Saxoids. See and hear enough of them around here, mainly being driven by spotty young pretentious would be 'rally driver' oinks....sadly...without having to travel all the way down to Rockingham thanks. :x
Colin

My cars:
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

The Citroën Car Club National Rally is being held between 11th-13th July on in the grounds of the Wood Green Animal Shelter which is located on the A1198 about one mile south of the A14/Godmanchester, non members are welcome :D camping facilities available.

This weekend the DS/SM Rallly is being held in the small village of Little Horwood (just south of Milton Keynes) in the field behind the Shoulder of Mutton pub MK17 0PF, again non members welcome/camping available.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

DickieG wrote:The Citroën Car Club National Rally is being held between 11th-13th July on in the grounds of the Wood Green Animal Shelter which is located on the A1198 about one mile south of the A14/Godmanchester, non members are welcome :D camping facilities available.

This weekend the DS/SM Rallly is being held in the small village of Little Horwood (just south of Milton Keynes) in the field behind the Shoulder of Mutton pub MK17 0PF, again non members welcome/camping available.
Where's that near Dickie?
Will I need me passport? :lol:
Colin

My cars:
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20