Opera and Citroen Service

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Opera and Citroen Service

Post by CitroJim »

I can't get the Opera Browser under Vista to work with citroen.service.com :cry:

I can log in but trying to look at the spares areas it does nothing. If you force the page to open in a new tab or window, it is blank. Java seems to be installed.

I've had to resort to IE7 to look up some spares :evil: :cry:

Any thoughts or am I going to have to continue to use IE7 for this particular task?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Looks like it's a javascript problem.

I've just tried Opera 9.27 USB version - half of the drop-down menus don't work (even when Opera is set to identify itself as IE), but they do in Firefox and Netscape.

Tried reinstalling Java?
ImageImage
ellevie
My Cars:

Post by ellevie »

I get the same problem using Opera on Win98.
Typing docpr after citroen.com/ so that the url looks like this,
http://service.citroen.com/docpr/
gets around the problem for me.

When you have filled your basket type panier instead of docpr at the end of the url,
http://service.citroen.com/panier/
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Any documentation on those options docpr and panier ?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

ellevie wrote:I get the same problem using Opera on Win98.
Typing docpr after citroen.com/ so that the url looks like this,
http://service.citroen.com/docpr/
gets around the problem for me.

When you have filled your basket type panier instead of docpr at the end of the url,
http://service.citroen.com/panier/
Well done ellevie! That works a treat although it's a bit bizarre why :?

Wo cares though, I can use Opera and that is the main thing :D

Many thanks!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

can't get the Opera Browser under Vista to work with citroen.service.com Crying or Very sad

I can log in but trying to look at the spares areas it does nothing. If you force the page to open in a new tab or window, it is blank. Java seems to be installed.
I have downloaded the Mac verson of Opera... must say that it seems faster than Firefox, but cannot decide whether to make the break and learn a new browser.

Any thoughts Jim?
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I use Opera on Ubuntu (Firefox 3 still the prime browser) and it is OK now except for eBay, that crashes it.

I just reinstalled it on Vista and it can't open a page - it opens them in Firefox instead :?:

Opera has never worked properly on the Vista machine, which appears to hate all browsers apart from Firefox and Safari.

It won't let Firefox update though, have to do a remove and clean install every time. I find Firefox to be less hassle than the other browsers. Installed 3.0 RC1 a few days ago and it is faster than any of the other browsers, before Vista killed them off.
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

It won't let Firefox update though, have to do a remove and clean install every time. I find Firefox to be less hassle than the other browsers. Installed 3.0 RC1 a few days ago and it is faster than any of the other browsers, before Vista killed them off.
Thanks for the help Steve... luckily I am not blighted with Vista - why the hell does anyone run it?
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

....Vista machine, which appears to hate all browsers apart from Firefox and Safari.
Even Internet Destroyer?
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

lolingram wrote:
....Vista machine, which appears to hate all browsers apart from Firefox and Safari.
Even Internet Destroyer?
Especially IE :roll: The reason I went to Opera in the first place.

Apart from that one "funny" with citroen.service, Opera seems OK under Vista :?

I'm getting to rather like Vista after being forced to use it for some developemt work.

To get the most out of Vista you need to forget everything you ever knew about XP and start again..
Jim

lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

I'm getting to rather like Vista after being forced to use it for some developemt work.

To get the most out of Vista you need to forget everything you ever knew about XP and start again..
After the disasters my friends are having/have experienced, I cannot think why I would want to suffer all the trauma.
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Must be me but my experience of Vista has been nothing but positive thus far. Perhaps because it's just Vista, Office 2007, Opera, Adobe Reader 8 and McAfee Anti-Virus with no toys, games or other "crippleware" installed. A clean system upgraded from a virgin install of XP.

I'm running Vista on a fairly lacklustre "Business" 2.8Ghz processor with 2Gb of memory into a Windows 2003 Domain and it runs as sweet as a nut and not at all slowly.

What are the problems then?
Jim

lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

I'm running Vista on a fairly lacklustre "Business" 2.8Ghz processor with 2Gb of memory into a Windows 2003 Domain and it runs as sweet as a nut and not at all slowly.

What are the problems then?
Jim,
I am running OSX 10.4.1.1 which is as stable as a rock (hardly surprising since it is UNIX based), so have no problems with Opera/IE/Sahara/Firefox on any sites so far visited let alone viruses.

ALL my colleagues and friends in business using WinTel machines on Windows, dare not use Vista, which even Chairman Bill's outfit in Redmond have all but given up on! Just hope your streak of luck continues.
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

lolingram wrote: Just hope your streak of luck continues.
I'll keep you posted Lol :D If Vista does start going a bit funny I can very quickly revert to XP.

Mind you, having said that, those for whom I work seem to be having huge issues rolling out Vista and as I speak we still run Windows NT4.

Clearly Vista is not finding much favour in the real world. is there any any substance to the rumour that Vista will soon be replaced by a new version of Windows?
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Vista is more irritating than anything, lots of nagging popups asking if you are sure you want to take a certain action.
It has killed Opera, Netscape, Maxthon and Slimbrowser, plus another who's name I forget, wouldn't even run after installation.
Internet Exploder can bog off. The most irritating browser I have encountered.

Windows 7 is scheduled for release in late '09 currently. XP keeps getting extensions due to the lack of enthusiasm for Vista.

I have Vista on my laptop because it came with it installed and if you have to make a warranty claim, even for a hardware fault, they will not honour it if you have buggered with the OS.
As my warranty is now up I have an Ubuntu 8.4 disc here ready to install - well it was here a while ago, seems to have crawled into the general heap of crap that has set up home here.
I'm procrastinating a bit as I'm considering putting a bigger HD in but the battery is about shot now. Budgeting dilemma as the Aircon on the C5 needs attention too.

One really stupid thing is that after about six months, Vista decided that certain operations with Spybot Search & Destroy could only be run by an administratior (Immunize, Hosts file, System Internals), where it had allowed them previously.
Although I have an administrator account, I have to log out and log in as Administrator to run those operations. It will however let me do the system internals (trash the Registry) with CCleaner, no bother?

Ubuntu never gives me any of this crap, just asks for a password before permitting any potentially destructive operations, and is far more discrete about proffering downloads etc that I might care to install, at my convenience. It also gives a fairly thorough description of the downloads and a simple checkbox selection of those I want/don't want.
Vista just stuffs them down my throat, sometimes without asking or saying what they might be - Service pack 1 being a prime example.

The dopey Windows Defender is always breaking and then kicks up a stink because the damned thing is busted and can't update - Vista seems to be terminally blind to the fact the there is Avast Antivirus, Superantispyware, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Comodo Firewall installed and running. Ubuntu of course has none of the above and is all the better for it. I just use a sandbox account to check out anything potentially harmfull, which is very rare.

There is an Antivirus program - Clam TK, that scans for any Windows viruses that I may have acquired in Windows files and could pass on to other Windows users.