I've Just Been Insulted!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

I've Just Been Insulted!

Post by CitroJim »

I just went to my Activa to get something out of it and found a card under the wiper blade from an outfit offering to take scrap cars away :evil: :twisted: :roll: :shock:

Not only was the Activa targetted for the cards but my 2.1TD and Dad's 205 as well :x

Now the Activa looks in a bit of a mess at the moment, covered in bird droppings and dust from recent rainstorms but surely they must have noticed all the cars are taxed (the Activa still has 11 months to run) and very obviously in regular use.

In the case of the Activa, it's quite worrying as they would have to have walked right up my driveway and up to the garage doors to get at it to put the card in place.

No other cars in my road were targetted. Maybe because they're all fairly new :?

Cheeky urchins :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Does it have a phone number? I'd call them to let them know they've been tresspassing and you're not too happy about it and the fact they think your cars are not roadworthy.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Somebody knocked on door last week and handed in a card for uplift. I had Xantia on the drive and a little Seven.....part built. I wasn`t in.

It`s the price of Scrap aint it? Everyone assumes cos a car has "up and down suspension" they get scrapped as soon as they stand still :lol: .

If he comes back just tell him to wait a moment while you start it. Tell him to jump in then take him for a fast run. When you get back say to him that as it seems to be going so well you have decided to keep it!!
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I saw a sheddy mk3 Astra with a "not for sale" sign in the window last week. There must be a lot of it about.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Come on Jim it's someone at work giving you a 'wind-up' :P it's the sort of thing I'd do to someone who loves their car (not guilty on this occaision my Lud).

Its similar to the stick on scratch I left on my mates 997 Porsche (£50,000 worth :shock: ) the first day he brought it to work. The trouble with the prank was that he has a minor heart condition and his legs started to wobble when he first saw it, I almost felt guilty for doing it, well for a couple of seconds :lol:.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

DickieG wrote:
Its similar to the stick on scratch .
where do i get one of those then DickieG would love to put one on my 1.9TD that SWMBO drives could have hours of fun trying to get her to explain how she did it :lol: :lol: :lol:
followed by hours nay weeks of trying to regain the "Brownie Points" lost :D :D

Colin
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

admiral51 wrote:
DickieG wrote:Its similar to the stick on scratch .
where do i get one of those then DickieG
SWIMBO got it for me in a joke shop in Sloughski. I had it done to me when I had an E30 M3 which was my pride and joy, boy was I mad :oops: I was taken in hook line and sinker :roll:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I'd take it real seriously if I were you.
A few years ago there was a mint series one BX16V, a red car owned by a keen owner called Rene who came home from work one afternoon to find an empty space where his car was when he left for work that morning.
Upon investigating, that was when he found that during the day, a flat top with crane simply drove down the street, hooked up the crane to the car, loaded her on board and simply drove off.
All done so brazenly nobody suspected a thing.
I'd be paying the local coppers a call complete with all cards and info in case they intend paying you a call sometime in your absence.
May save you a lot of grief in the long term particularly if these guys have a bit of form.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

The price of scrap cars - a neighbour recently got £180 for a standard saloon and is now keen to buy any large MOT failure - he had a Volvo estate the other day up for £270 because he knew he could he scrap it for £200 :shock: and that's without de-polluting them!

Xantia's are heavier than the average car aren't they?
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

DickieG wrote: the stick on scratch I left on my mates 997 Porsche (£50,000 worth :shock: ) the first day he brought it to work.
That is just twisted and sick. :shock:

I love it!

:lol:
ellevie
My Cars:

Post by ellevie »

I had one of these leaflets left under the rear wiper of one of my untaxed 19TRSs parked on my drive, but not on my taxed BX19TXD parked on the road. The leaflet reads,

ALL SCRAP VEHICLES
TAKEN AWAY
FREE OF CHARGE
----------------------------
CASH PAID FOR
MOT FAILURES
VANS, CARS & TRUCKS
TAKE AWAY
02380 740146
OR
07882 OR 272711
CONTACT THOMAS

The first number is supposed to be a Southampton number but when I rang, it said "number not recognised".
I hope this isn't the start of a spate of thefts.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

In light of the economic crisis - food price, domestic bills and fuel price rises - I have been expecting crimewaves and honestly thought it would be fuel-syphoning... but stolen cars (to scrap them) was a close second.

I recently read a report where someone's car was stolen and traced to a scrap yard. The scrap yard were given a forged V5 and even now believe they "own" the vehicle and told the owner they'd have to buy it back :?

Today on the news, there's already been a spate of tank-syphoning reported in Poole and Bournemouth. We've been warned to keep an eye out for anything suspicious :(
ellevie
My Cars:

Post by ellevie »

Another problem that's starting to crop up is theft of domestic heating oil. Many people in rural areas have oil tanks which can contain more than £1000 worth of oil making them lucrative targets for thiefs.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:Come on Jim it's someone at work giving you a 'wind-up' :P it's the sort of thing I'd do to someone who loves their car (not guilty on this occaision my Lud).
I think you may well be right Richard :lol: Further research showed it was only my cars in the whole street that were targetted..

Now to find the culprit and deliver justice although it may be retribution for something I said last week :wink:

I have a feeling I know who. A person who has just bought a new grey BMW. I asked him when they were going to finsih painting it and apply a top coat :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...