Glow plug horrors

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Glow plug horrors

Post by np »

Gave my sisters 306 1.9 n/a diesel a service today.All went well.Not been starting too good for a while when cold,so she got some glowplugs too(ecp).Access to 2 on right was ok,the pump plug a bit of a pain as the 1 next to it.As i recall there is a lot more room behind the pump than my Xantia had.Any way,1 snaped undoing the wire retaining bolt,but the rest of the plug came out with plenty of wd40 & undoing & tighting up to free them.Came to the last plug behind the fuel pump & it was`nt screwed all the way in.Came out very easy too.Once removed,the first 5mm or so of thread was missing,conpleaty cross threaded.When wired up to battery,it was also Knackerd,no glow at all,dead as a doe doe.Very rusty compared to the other 3,so proberly never been changed.Could`nt get new plug in,not even start to thread it,so used my bench grinder to grind the thread away,hey presto,got it in all the way :D .Dont know if it will ever come out again though :oops: :lol: .
I dont know how people struggle with the plug behind the pump.I got it down to about an hour & a half on the Xantia i had,so if anyone is close to my area,i`m your glow plug man!!! :lol: :D
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k