Road Fund Licence

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

f00lzz
My Cars:

Road Fund Licence

Post by f00lzz »

I wonder how much more desireable (value £) my Xantia 3.0 is now? Since it is a year 2000 and therefore escapes the RFL increase on 2001 gas guzzlers :P
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I'm in the opposite situation. My Xantia HDi would be in a lower band if it was exactly a year newer.

How much do the gas guzzlers have to pay?
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I suppose I win and lose nothing as have both an HDi and a V6 :|
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice to any of it - the goalposts will be
moved AGAIN in another year or two and it'll make any attempt you
make to keep 'in step' a total nonsense...

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'm glad actually :D If my Activa were a year newer it would be in the top "gas Guzzler" category :lol:

If my research is correct a 2.0CT Activa produces 237g/Km and therefore...

Band G

£400 per year :twisted:

Against that, £185 a year seems like a bargain :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The purpose of this wonderful "environmental tax" is to discourage people from driving cars with bug engines, but it only goes back to 2001. The effect will be that some people who want to drive a car with a big engine will buy an older one with dirtier emissions instead of buying a newer cleaner car.

The problem I have with these "green taxes" is that the money gathered isn't spent on the environment, it just goes down the same black hole that the government throws all the other tax revenue down.
Last edited by Kowalski on 30 Mar 2008, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

We should thank ourselves lucky at that; I know fairness has nothing to
do with it, BUT how 'fair' would it be hammering the older cars on emissions
when they were made before this new taxation regime.

Just wondering when the clever VOSA computer linkup sends the cars'
emission figures to the BIG DVLA computer and you pay the duty according
to how dirty you really are...

Andrew
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Just taxed my 406 HDI 110,£115 a year :D .
But the Wifes 94 Astra TD is full price which hurts :cry:
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

The problem is, alot of cars pre-2001 didnt have tested Co2 emissions so its hard to rate them on anything other than engine size.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Plumb bob
My Cars:

Post by Plumb bob »

My diesel 4x4 does 20-25 MPG and my pug 306 does 40+ MPG, they cost the same to tax, where's the "fair" in that??

It's just fund raising by an incompetent government.

On another topic, spent allday burning fuel in traffic jams to the local tip, to take the gearden rubbish that the council now refuse to collect ( even though council tax has gone up to £170/month)
I have to use water heated by gas ( both precious and expensive comodities) to wash out food tins and packets before I put them in the bin!

All this to help the environment! have this government gone MAD??

As usual, they have just listened to the tree hugging Nazi's who shout the loudest!
deian

Post by deian »

I've faced the same problem, I've bought a micra 1.3 petrol, because 1: i can't justify paying £100 every 6 months just to keep my zx td on the road, and 2: running a diesel car which does lets assume 45mpg, the micra will do the same on petrol for 10p/litre cheaper.

So, I do apologise, the government have taxed me away from Citroen for the time being. I will be back to collect my Xantia V6 if I see that it's still clever to get a gas guzzler that cheaper to tax than a new gas guzzler. Just gonna watch what the Tory's do when they get in to government.
Plumb bob
My Cars:

Post by Plumb bob »

Whe the candidates come knocking on my door, they'll be told that whoever cut fuel duty/prices (drastically) and commits to getting the the scum under control/locked up will get my vote.

How they do it, I don't really care, they need to stop wasting our money on P/C c r a p and spend it where it is really needed.
Bring back hard labour for basic crimes, and rethink there so called green policies.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

If a young guy with a family can only afford an £ 800 diesel car to go to work in .....why is he actually being taxed more than someone who can afford a car at 15 grand with a lower duty? Ah simple we say! The guy who buys the 15 grand car new pays a whole load of Vat etc which also keeps us in the manner of acustom :lol:

The first guy also pays more tax on his fuel as his car gets 10% less mpg.

So what`s all this about? Well.........it`s to get the Climate back under control again. It was all under controll at one time you know. Do you remember when the Sun used to melt the pavements and Chistmas was always good for Snowmen? That`s what we are aiming for...............The Good Old Days :lol:

Yes It`s a fact..........our climate has changed soo much. :roll: Reminds me of this :

Children today are tyrants. They contradict thier parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

The more things change the more they stay the same :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
DaiRees
My Cars:

Post by DaiRees »

The climate is indeed changing, but the atmospheric CO2 increase (the main "greenhouse gas") that we're being blamed for is actually lagging, not leading, the temperature increase. As the oceans are warmed they are releasing CO2 into the atmosphere. Therefore this can't possibly be humankind's fault. Sure we are producing greenhouse gasses too, but our contribution to the overall problem is very small, almost negligable. If everyone on the planet were to become carbon neutral overnight we'd slow it down fractionally, but we can't stop it, it a naturally occuring phenomenon. Don't worry about the planet, it's very resilient and it'll be fine. Whether people will still be here to enjoy it is a different matter.

Having said that I'm very environmentally conscious. I believe very strongly in minimising energy use and reducing waste. There are 2 reasons for this, I want the world to be a nicer, cleaner place for my kids to live in, and I want them to be able to enjoy an excellent quality of life (the word of the day is "sustainablility"), but the second and most important reason is that this stuff generally makes good financial sense, use less energy = lower bills! :D

Anyway back to the VED, my tax this year was £160. Next year it'll be £270 :evil: :evil: . I bought this car (Jan 2002 406 HPi) with it's hideously complicated and expensive emission control systems because it's a bit supposed to be a bit cleaner and leaner than the standard 2.0l version, but now all that stuff is worthless, as is my car! Anyone wanna buy it? With the VED increase and the fuel prices shooting up I'm gonna have to get a small diesel or I'll have to give up work! :evil:
406 2.0 HPi Exec Estate

http://www.406oc.co.uk
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

My post was ALL tongue in cheek Dai :lol: I don`t worry about the planet........Cancer is a much bigger human issue :(
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2