1.9TD lump

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

1.9TD lump

Post by MikeT »

I'm so impressed with this diesel engine that I want to identify which cars are powered by the same lump. I'm thinking something a little lighter and smaller, preferably with hydraulic suspension and similar comfort levels like A/C.

If you know for certain, please add the make, model and other identifying data such as badges. Thanks in advance.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

"I'm thinking something a little lighter and smaller, preferably with hydraulic suspension and similar comfort levels like A/C. "

None is the short answer to that one! It's the hydraulic suspension see... The only other option for that is BX - but they are generally powered by the 1.7 version - although IMO that is a better engine than the 1.9 - and decent ones are extremely rare now.

Other 1.9 TD powered cars: ZX, Xsara, Pug 306, 405, 406

If you want A/C then it's probably got to be 306 or Xsara - watch out though - many of the later cars are Lucas pumped :cry: . Whilst the ZX / early 306s are a hoot to drive, the Xsaras and later 306 somewhat took the edge of the handling.
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mike,

the only cars equipped with the 1.9TD and Htydraulic Suspension was the Xantia and the BX. A Turbo BX is a rare beast now.

This is a not necesarily exhaustive list of PSA vehicles with the 1.9TD:

Pug 205 STDT (1.7TD) Flies! Lucas Pump
Pug 309 GRDT (very rare now) Lucas Pump
Pug 306 D-Turbo Most, if not all had Lucas pumps so not veg friendly.
Pug 405 GRDT, GLX DT Earlier ones had the 1.7TD engine 1.9TD had Bosch Pump, 1.7TD Lucas
Pug 406 Bosch Pump
Citroen BX (1.7TD)
Citroen ZX
Citroen Xantia
Citroen Xsara
Some Rover Diesels (218, 418?)
Some Sherpa Vans
Some Suzuki Jeeps

You of ciourse need another Xantia but if you fancy a change I would strongly recommend a Pug 306 D-Turbo or a Pug 205 STDT if you can find a good 'un and either live with the Lucas pump, which are in fact very, very good pumps or do a Bosch conversion.

Don't forget the Xsara and ZX are basically Pug 306s as well but although they're Citroens, they lack the proper suspension :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sorry Richard, I was a long time composing my post due to the phone interupting me :twisted: and I've ended up making much the same points as you..

My apologies :oops:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...