New server Naff

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Do you have trouble logging into and using the forum since it came back online?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 11

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

New server Naff

Post by elma »

Since Fcf came back online it has been really hard to use.
I know you are aware of it but nothing seems to have been done.
For days, sometimes a week, at a time I am unable to even open the forum.

This is a last cry for help before I just give up and find somewhere else to talk about cars.

I really think something needs to be done about the new server.
If it costs so much then it should work.
It should work all of the time as well, not just when it wants to.

I know for sure that it's not a problem with my connection so please don't suggest that. I use multiple connections and lots of forums, this forum is unreliable on all of them and the other ones are fine. I also know I'm not the only one who is fed up of this problem from talking to another member in person and from the fact that even if I can't get in for a week there will only be a few new posts. This is very different to in the past where there would be a good page or two every evening.

I don't understand why Bx club still seems to work ok though as I thought both sites changed server together.

Please please address the problem so the forum doesn't die.
I know I'll be off elsewhere very soon if things don't change.

James
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Well for what it's worth, I can't even do normal moderators tasks any more, as a result, no new members have been activated in the past few days and I'm taking this chance to post now as at least I'm on, but whether this posts or not is something else.
It is totally out of my hands and I don't seem to be able to contact Jon, but if anyone can, please ask that he either attends to it or if he no longer wants to be involved, to pass on whatever info is required to some of you guys over there who have offered in the past to organise hosting and subscriptions.

As I have posted before, as a stop gap measure, you can log on here:

http://citroenz.com/forum/index.php

which is hosted by Brij Dogra in Malaysia, the guy who originally had the BX forum years ago and has a good website here:

http://www.citroenz.com/

so whilst that forum isn't anywhere near as fast as some of the others, it's usually better than here by miles and keeps us all together until this is resolved one way or the other.
Wish I could do more, but it's totally out of my hands.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I wrote a post here which I don't really think was too helpful so I've changed it to this.
I'd like to say that I'm not giving up hope despite the look of things.
I had a very encouraging pm and I really believe the forum could take off again.
Alan, you sound like you're struggling a bit.
Is there anything I can do to lift the weight or is it because you have problems logging in to do it?

I'd also like to draw attention back to Alans post about Jon being awol.
Please contact us Jon so we can fix the forum.

Anyone who can get hold of him please do, I don't think things can get better without his help.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The problem is not being ignored.

See http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 332#152332 for a current update
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...