finding a specific biodiesel supplier

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

RugbyPete

finding a specific biodiesel supplier

Post by RugbyPete »

I cant find the supplier link i got the other day for a biodiesel stockist, who delivered nationally for free in large 250 litre drums
It worked out about 74p a litre, a friend at works interested in my new bio ways and wants some for his 206 hdi

Can anyone think who it may be?
There front page shows some blue barrels and a yard at the top where it's stored, with their logo over the top.

Failing that a sub 80p who delivers would be great. so far im seeing 99p stockists who think they're doing everyone a good deal when in fact that's stil ltoo high in my mind (though better than £1.10)!

Thanks!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Why not mix a few litres of cooking oil with your diesel? you wont need to add much to drop the ave price below 99P !!!!

My ZX is on approx 85% Diesel at the moment, but it will be back on 90% cooking oil by mid May. :D
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
RugbyPete

Post by RugbyPete »

Anyone?
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

try posting on this site....someone here is bound to know

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

weety wrote:try posting on this site....someone here is bound to know

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php
A very good forum and very knowledgeable on pumps. If you want to know precisely how and why a Lucas pump goes bang on veg, that forum will tell you in some detail!

Well recommended for any SVO or BD user or even just for a good read when you have a few moments spare, like when waiting for this forum to do something useful for instance :twisted: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
stuartadair

Post by stuartadair »

I go through about 120 litres of veg oil per week. I do it on special order from Tesco.
Go to customer services and they will sort out for you.

You need to order Pura Veg Oil in 1 Ltr bottles. I know its a real pain with the small bottles but you will be paying 56p per litre compared with the 75p per litre that they charge for the larger containers.

Its the only product I know where the unit price goes up for larger quantities and is clearly just another scam designed to hit the car drivers. Funny that the price shot up when the Simplification of Biodiesel Regs came in last June.

Stu :D
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Stuart, I had an idea of going on to Tesco's website, ordering 100 bottles and having it deliverd for an extra few quid :lol:

I agree, it's obvious they fixed the oil prices due to higher demand and as soon as one did it, the rest followed suit - that's the real policy of their BS "price-check" philosophy. :evil:
stuartadair

Post by stuartadair »

You can do that Mike but they might phone you if they havent got stocks.

It wont last at that price. Occasionally they do let me down as supplier stocks are low.

Stu
mezuk04a
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04a »

Hoping your all recycling the bottles :lol:
Golf 55' 1.9TD
stuartadair

Post by stuartadair »

Your not one of these people who actually believe that all this environmental nonsense is to save the planet are you ???

Its all about making money and thats it.

I deliberately put all my waste bottles in a skip or my bin out of principle. I pay enough in council tax for them to sort my rubbish if they want to.

Oh, and while I'm on about it - This latest tosh from the supermarkets about carrier bags - Its all about them making more money by not supplying any. Since all thats kicked off I deliberately use twice as many as before :evil:
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

I have to use the recycling bin for my veg oil bottles as it soon fills up the normal black bin :D
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stuartadair

Post by stuartadair »

Spot on - Only recycling when it suits you is to be commended. :D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

MikeT wrote:Stuart, I had an idea of going on to Tesco's website, ordering 100 bottles and having it deliverd for an extra few quid :lol:

I agree, it's obvious they fixed the oil prices due to higher demand and as soon as one did it, the rest followed suit - that's the real policy of their BS "price-check" philosophy. :evil:
If you order a SIM-card at the same time they deliver free. You can return the cards and exchange them for goods.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

MikeT wrote:I agree, it's obvious they fixed the oil prices due to higher demand and as soon as one did it, the rest followed suit - that's the real policy of their BS "price-check" philosophy. :evil:
Thats market forces in action I'm afraid. Farmers only planted a limited amount of oil crops this season then demand went up and so did the price. The farmers won't be able to respond to the increased demand until the next growing season, presumably the supermarkets will be negotiating contracts and prices for the next crop. If vegetable oil prices don't come down then or in the few seasons, you can can complain about price fixing.
stuartadair wrote:Your not one of these people who actually believe that all this environmental nonsense is to save the planet are you ???

Its all about making money and thats it.

I deliberately put all my waste bottles in a skip or my bin out of principle. I pay enough in council tax for them to sort my rubbish if they want to.

Oh, and while I'm on about it - This latest tosh from the supermarkets about carrier bags - Its all about them making more money by not supplying any. Since all thats kicked off I deliberately use twice as many as before :evil:
That is a very irresponsible attitude indeed. I understand perfectly well that "the environment" and "global warming" are used as an excuse for focusing taxation on certain things in the same way that "the rich can afford to pay more tax" is used as an excuse. I also understand that councils are generally run inefficiently, if their costs for landfill go up they will put taxes up instead of trying to be efficient about reducing their landfill requirement by sorting the rubbish themselves. The logical outcome of you putting your plastic bottles in the rubbish rather than the recycle bin is that you'll pay more for your plastic bottles (since they don't get recycled more oil is used to make more plastic for more plastic bottles) and the local council will use it as an excuse to punish you financially, that is of course ignoring the environmental impact of landfill and oil exploration etc...

Speaking personally, I like the idea of making it difficult for government to blatantly use things as an excuse to justify a certain course of action. If I were cynical I might say that Tony Blair only became passionate about climate change because the taxation opportunity was explained to him.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I also understand that councils are generally run inefficiently, if their costs for landfill go up they will put taxes up instead of trying to be efficient about reducing their landfill requirement by sorting the rubbish themselves. The logical outcome of you putting your plastic bottles in the rubbish rather than the recycle bin is that you'll pay more for your plastic bottles (since they don't get recycled more oil is used to make more plastic for more plastic bottles) and the local council will use it as an excuse to punish you financially, that is of course ignoring the environmental impact of landfill and oil exploration etc...
I'll go along with this hypothesis. Our local council introduced recycling a while back and reported in the first year that after they had paid for the extra vehicles and manpower to collect the items to be recycled, they had saved £1.3M. Which would have otherwise been added to the council tax bill.
I imagine that they have then wasted it on some other hairbrained scheme but that is what councils do, isn't it :)