Beaulieu Autojumble

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Beaulieu Autojumble

Post by CitroJim »

Anyone going this weekend?

I'll be there on Sunday, either in the GTi or Activa.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

So what was it like jim? I bet that someone down there had injector seals & metering unit seals for the Bosck K-jet MFI system :x

Any pics of anything interesting?

Cheers - Craig.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I sorely regretted not taking my camera as it was a last minute decision to go and didn't cross my mind.

Mind you, it was so huge, I could have spent the entire time taking pictures and videos. As it happened, not all stalls were perused in the many hours spent there before they began winding down.

Looking for a bosch pump myself, I didn't see one. Heaps of SU carbs though.

It was a bit like being on a film-set with relics from the past - and back to the future :lol:

But boy, do you need a big wallet to buy anything of interest! :shock: Rusty Lambretta shells on wheels for nigh on a grand, anyone?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

An excellent day Craig :D I started off early in the morning in my Activa, had a brilliant run down and detoured through the New Forst and took an early morning stroll in my favourite bit of it (I love the New Forest) before calling in to see MikeT for a very good breakfast, one of the best cups of coffee I've had in years and a most pleasant and entertaining chat with Mike ranging over may subjects :D

We went up to Beaulieu and thouroughly enjoyed. There were some fanstastic cars there. Of particular note was an Ami based Lomax kit car we followed in and a very pristine dark blue W plate XM VSX Turbo in the car park. Nice! Anyones on here? A Lazer Green 205GTi (limited edition) caught my eye but at £2400 just a tad on the pricey side.

I love the atmosphere of Beaulieu. Mike put it very well, and speaking of back to the future, we saw a De Lorean that looked very much like the film-set one.

From a purely Citroen point of view it was disappointing though. Usually there are a few Tractions and DSs there but not this year :(

Still, for all that an excellent day out and one of those rare days when everyone met was exceedingly friendly and all fell into place just right.

The only problem is that it reminds me I'm a true southerner exiled in the middle of the country far too far away from where I'd really like to be. Roll on retirement...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Forgot to say,

I bought a BX Haynes manual at Beaulieu and it's surprisingly good. A lot of stuff relevant to a Xantia which is not, needless to say, in the Xantia Haynes.
Jim

Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

MikeT wrote:But boy, do you need a big wallet to buy anything of interest! :shock: Rusty Lambretta shells on wheels for nigh on a grand, anyone?
Ive heared that it can be a sellers market down there Mike. But, if you need a HTF part that if you cant get it at a Beaulieu autojumble then you wont get it anywhere else (like those petrol injection seals).
citrojim wrote:A Lazer Green 205GTi (limited edition) caught my eye but at £2400 just a tad on the pricey side
Did it hurt when you fell?! :lol:

Ive wanted to go (to the autojumble) for a while. Will have to make time for it and remember to take a camera

So a good time was had by all who went 8)

Cheers - Craig.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Well as they charge £110 per sellers stall, I guess the sellers need to up the prices a bit but if people come from far away lands of other tonques then it's obviously worth it as where else will you find such an alladins' cave of long-forgotten parts? As Jim kept repeating - "where do they get all this from?"

I think Jim got caught in a loop with the green car, he looked it over well, began walking away but soon veered back round towards it.... several times. There was obviously some serious gravity forces around that car that affected him :lol: I think it was the price that eventually broke the hypnotism. My own ignorance allowed me to walk straight past it.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

MikeT wrote:I think Jim got caught in a loop with the green car, he looked it over well, began walking away but soon veered back round towards it.... several times. There was obviously some serious gravity forces around that car that affected him :lol: I think it was the price that eventually broke the hypnotism.
:D :D :D I do that with all 205GTis and Xantias :roll: It drives the kids banannas.

No, it was the shocking discovery of non-original parts on it (Chav Exhaust for one) that finally broke the trance. I'm an originality freak when it comes to classic cars, especially the GTi... My GTi is totally original except for furry dice and a Pioneer CD player. I do have a genuine OE Radio though :wink:
Jim