Off on Holiday!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Off on Holiday!

Post by CitroJim »

At long last, I'm off on holiday tomorrow for a week with my girls down near sunny (hopefully 8) ) Minehead in Somerset :D :D :D In fact, back to the place I spent all my childhood holidays and a place my children really love too.

It's been a long, hard year one way and another and this is the first proper break I've had.

So, if anyone sees an L reg blue Xantia like the one in my avatar towing a similar aged Ace Marauder caravan anywhere between Milton Keynes, via Oxford, Swindon, Devizes, Frome, Shepton Mallet, Glastonbury, Bridgewater and Minehead it'll most likely be me :wink: It would appear to be a funny route but I know it like the back of my hand and it can often be quicker. Besides, towing a caravan along the M4 and M5 at 55mph is tedious in the extreme :twisted: I'd rather enjoy a bit of scenery on the way and not get side-swiped by passing lorry and coach turbulence :evil:

I'll have no internet access for the week and will be missing the forum :cry:

I shall have fun watching the looks of disgust from the 4X4 owning brand-new all singing and dancing double-axle home-from-home caravanners when we roll up on site with our old and very unfashionable caravan outfit :D :D It happens :wink:

We are so primitive in ours we don't even have running hot water or a cassette loo! We'll have a great time though, strictly back to basics. We're not even taking a telly...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

have a good one jim

and its not a strange route you will miss all those wonderful jams and thus avoid the temptation to have your wallet lightened by the motorway stealers :lol:

cheers for your honest advice ive taxed your brain a plenty-recharge your batteries i may have bought another xantia by the time you come back :lol: :lol:

colin