Testing a New Photo Hosting Site..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Testing a New Photo Hosting Site..

Post by CitroJim »

I'm just testing a new method of hosting pictures one here. I'm using my own Internet Information Server on the uplink side of my broadband. This is, I think, only running 256K so speed may be an issue.

Two images are hosted. One of 30k and the second, the Lucas pump, of 116K

Grateful if anyone could please comment on the speed. I'm getting fed up with mucking around with photobucket to do this kind of thing :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

instant for me (on fast broadband) ... pictures seem to be clearer as well
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

*SLAM* and the pictures are there on my display. No delay whatsover. I'm using ADSL 512K/128K.

BTW : loouuuww the Lucas parts view - any chance of a mating partslist link :mrgreen:
Last edited by AndersDK on 28 Jul 2007, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Pretty much instant for me too 8)
ImageImage
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

displayed both no waiting 8) 8)

question now how do i post picture on here :oops: :oops:

colin
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

admiral51 wrote:displayed both no waiting 8) 8)

colin
Once in posting editor :
1) Click the Img button, you will notice it then insert the Img start code and sets an * on the button to remind you it must be finished.
2) insert the complete URL to the image. You can NOT use your own harddisk as reference. the image MUST reside on a web accessible server any kind.
3) Click the Img button again, and the /Img stop code is inserted and the asterisk clears on the button.

Note that the img codes are enclosed in square brackets to be recognised by the html service as special action codes - not just text to be displayed.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

admiral51 wrote:displayed both no waiting 8) 8)

colin
Excellent :D Thanks all! That is my new photo host sorted then.

Colin, as Anders said, You need a web server to do it and you can use any of the free ones like photobucket, imageshack and the like although they're a lot of bother and a bit slow just when you need them. Some pop up annoying adverts as well :twisted:

You are more than welcome to host through me. Just e-mail me the picture you want hosting and I'll do the rest...

One thing I found is that the http:// after the [img] tag is essential.

Anders, that exploded Lucas diagram came with a service/repair kit for the pump. Unfortunately it did not include a parts list with it :( . The items in the service/repair kit were marked in red on the diagram.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...