Rotten luck!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Rotten luck!

Post by CitroJim »

Last night driving home after visiting friends I happened across a very tidy Renault Megane driving very slowly around a roundabout. On exiting it sped up and flew to the next roundabout and on entry it slowed right down and practically crawled around it, on exit again it flew off. This same set of events happened at two more roundabouts :? What was going on?

Finally, the car slowed right down and began crawling along a straight stretch of road. I passed the car at that point.

Out of my rear-view mirror I watched the car pull into a petrol station and suddenly it clicked. The car was so low on petrol it was cutting out going around roundabouts. It just made it to the petrol station. Phew! Relief!

Only problem, the station was closed down for major refurbishment!

What rotten bad luck. Fortunately there was another one within walking distance on the other side of the road.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I had a similar thing when cas was low and I had to take Shani to a job agency interview.
Car ran out of fuel about 500 yrds from the shell garage, had £10 on me, turned into just over £4 fuel after paying for a fuel can!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Beware of the Xantia fuel gauge by cold weather.
Two days ago the car started spluttering as if it was running on 3 cylinders.
It was low fuel, and the warning light hadn’t come on. :evil:
I knew the symptom as it’s done the same by cold weather 3 years ago.
Old plonk bottles Image have the right size and shape neck to pour into the tank.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Talking of diesel containers, are there any restrictions like petrol? (10L in plastic, 20L in metal etc)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Diesel - or heating oil - are spread out all over the country in large home-tanks, either inside a garage, cellar or outside in free air.
It wont ignite as easy as petrol, but once ignited it burns as well as petrol.

But strictly speaken I believe the restrictions on automotive fuel are valid for both derv & petrol.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image