Rain, rain, rain, etc. etc.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Rain, rain, rain, etc. etc.

Post by AndersDK »

Cant really complain -

As you guys over there in UK have had it up to ...
For weeeeks, I know :roll:

But this time we have record-rain-bad weather in DK as well.
North of Sjælland right now the police have issued driving restrictions. Roads - even main roads - are flooded to such an extent that rescue companies cant keep up with drivers ending up everywhere - except on the roads.
- Aquaplaning -

never, ever been so bad before around here 8-[

Whats worse - this week is my first of 3 weeks vacation ](*,)
And I thougt to get - just a bit - suntanned for once during my vacation :cry:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

...............and here I'm thinking all the crappy weather on this planet was all saved to be dumped on us.

We have had our coldest winter on record and the wettest June - go figure.

Our Summers are supposed to be our "wet" season but last summer we lost most of the trees on our place due to lack of rain.
Some of our dams are down to 18% capacity and some towns are so dry they are carting water in using things like petrol tankers to do it.
Whilst all that's going on, the Hunter Valley outside Sydney have had floods and evacuations and the storms they've had have been big enough to blow a 77,000 ton bulk carrier ashore at Newcastle (which they managed to push back out to sea earlier in the week) so it looks like we're copping it both sides of the pond.
I'm supposed to be visiting in-laws in northern western New South Wales, the place I was at 18 months ago where it didn't get under 43 in the day nor 35 at night and on the trip where my thermometer in the car hit 50, yet yesterday, I was told they had a maximun of 5.... :shock:

How's that for extremes?

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!