cheap insurance

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

jamieclayton9

cheap insurance

Post by jamieclayton9 »

hi all. its nearlt that time of year again. anyone recomend a cheap car insurance firm.

many thanks

jamie
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Jamie,

Liverpool Victoria (Frizzells) gets my vote. Not the absolute cheapest but highly recommended.

See here:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=21947

I've been with them for getting on 30 years now :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi Jamie, I reduced my premium drastically by using confused.com.. However I should stress that you need to read the information very carefully before accepting the quote. I got a very good deal by accepting a much higher excess (£350.00) - worth it in my case as I have a 93 tdsx, so I don't expect much back if I wreck the car myself. If you are not sure of what you need, then a broker is still a good idea.. the day after a bump is not a good time to find that you have the wrong level of cover. Best wishes, Martin
I won't do that again
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Sign up to quidco (google will find it ) then go through there to 100s of insurance companys you get cash back,Takes about 2 months i got £100 back off prudential last october making my car insurance for a c5 estate sx diesel £68 for the year including full european green flag breakdown cover.That was fully comp by the way.Also just got £100 off my house insurance.and £40 off my Mazda pickup.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

As both my XMs are over ten years old and therefore they wont pay anything like the replacement cost should I write one off, I decided to go TPF&T which I did on Confused.com and it cost me £118.00 from Budget. That includes up to 60 days european cover and cover for me to drive another vehicle.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

www.thepolicyshop.co.uk or maybe .com have been god for me this year as most places were trying to quote me about £1100+ they got it for £680 fully comp with my mods and limited miles and LPG system and ability to drive other cars 3rd party :)
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

I've found Virgin very good, and they do 0% as well (they don't list on confused.com)
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000
AX_Man

Post by AX_Man »

My AX I got £175 from Admiral inc business cover. In fact they lowered it from the renewal quote when I rang to add business cover in.

The Saxo I've stuck with M&S as you get the full breakdown cover included, and that was £250ish.

Both have £250 excesses.
1996 Citroen AX Debut and 2001 Citroen Saxo.

I love Citroens!