Aaaaggh! F&*king Inconsiderate B$%^ards

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Aaaaggh! F&*king Inconsiderate B$%^ards

Post by Ross_K »

Parked in a local car park today for literally three minutes while I went to buy a paper. There wasn't another car within 50 feet of mine. :roll:

So anyway, I'm nearly back at the car when I spot a people carrier which had parked next to me reversing out of its space and scraping along the side mine. The rubbing strip panel shot off, the bimbo driving had a quick look around to see if anybody had seen her and shot off too :evil: :evil: :evil:

I suppose the strip did its job and took one for the team, but FFS you don't just damage someone's car and p*** off... Or do you?

And why jam right up beside another car in a half empty car park?

I picked up the seven plastic clips at the local stealer for €1.95, but I'll have to trawl the breakers for a new strip as the bint drove over it while making her escape.
ImageImage
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

:cry:

:evil: :evil: :evil: I'm sorry to hear this Ross but it's just yet another desmonstration (as if any more were needed) of how caring pepole are in this country today. It is bang out of order though, big time.

And to drive over your strip, well, that is just adding insult to injury :twisted:

They park right close to bond. Something to do with the herding instinct these people seem to have. Perhaops they're terrified of being alone?

I'm a taxi driver for my young 'uns and this takes me to places like Guides, Brownies, various clubs and activities where mums are dropping off their little darlings in their 4X4/SUV/People Carriers and I fear every time for my car. It is comical from a distance, the terrible driving displays, but when you're there and a 4X4 misses you by 50 thou for the tenth time that evening, it gets a bit wearing.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

She parked up next to you probably because she doesn't know her car's dimensions and isn't able to visualise parking between the two white lines of a parking bay.
Your car gives an easy visual reference, line up front and side with another car, then parking sorted.
Unfortunately, you ended paying the price for her lack of spacial awareness.

If I knocked someone's bumper, and it left a very small mark, I'd probably not worry about it, but dents or knocking bits off their car, then I'd leave a note with my details and an appology under their wiper.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Mmm, I suppose that piloting a people carrier with a cargo of brats could ensure the driver's mind was on other things but she had 60 or 70 other parking spaces to choose from which had no obstacles like cars in the way.

I'm sure that if I had done the same to her car I'd be receiving on the receiving end of a letter from her insurance company. :shock:

Note to Anders or one of the other mods - I'm my rage I posted this in the wrong section. Could one of you please move this to the chat section?
ImageImage
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

People do strange things in car parks. I once saw a white Transit try to drive through a 1 car wide space between the only two cars parked in an otherwise deserted car park. He misjudged it, and ripped all the trim off the side of one of them. Fortunately the owner was sat in the car at the time reading a paper, so he didn't get away with it.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Its bloody typical of this disrespectful society we live in today.

Just the other day I was stareing out of the window in our local ASDA's cafe & watched one woman run her handbag down a car - leaving visible scratches - as she tried to squeeze her 'JayLo Arse' between 2 parked cars.
Then about a cuppa later a older guy filled up the back of his shogun with shopping & just let his trolley roll down the carpark coming to a rest in the side of someone's car! Rather than making the, what 8 foot? walk to the trolley park!

When I park, I'm one of those arseholes who can't park properly - I over hang the end of a row or straddle two spaces - Don't care what others think - there not the ones footing the bill of their carelessness.

I'm even thinking of when the ZX is finished (it'll be flaked - nothing chavy - done properly) having the entire car covered in that 'invisible bra' stuff (basicly thick clear sticky back plastic) to try & stop the scratches, scuffs, light dings & keying. Flake is notoriously difficault to try & match if a panel needs redoing.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

No wonder you are angry. Did you get a number plate?
I often park my car as far away from the shop as possible to avoid this sort of thing but I can't always, and often find new bumps or marks on the bumpers but no note. (wonder if Xac was parked near me? :lol: )
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

I can remember back in my days as a sewerman, we had the van parked up in a CP in Cheltenham whilst we troughed our sarnies, a "lady" pulled into a space, got out and wandered off. She was all of 5m from her car when it rolled forwards and bumped into the bimmer parked in front of it (nose to nose spaces), a quick glance over her shoulder to confirm that nothing was broken, and off she trotted (seemed the horsey type). We got out of the van, pushed her car back into its space and choked the front wheel with a balk if wood, otherwise, when the bimmer left its space, the "ladys" car would have rolled through the space, across the access lane and into the next car across, only this time it would have been going at a fair old clip!!

Don't get me started on the state of some of the parking we saw!! (okay, just a quickie: narrow lane, our van parked up on one side with cones/arrows/signs out and manhole cover up, silly bint parks opposite us, front wheel 15 inches from curb, rear wheel 21 inches from curb! Eeeehh, we did laugh!)
French car free zone....
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

A few years ago I came back to my car after parking for a short while. This car was touching mine, [-X and I wasn't pleased to find it that way, :evil: I went to move mine, and then noticed the other car following me :shock: it turned out the Mensa member who had parked this other car had left the handbrake off ! ](*,) #-o

DER! If that's how they park what's their driving like !
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

citrojim wrote: They park right close to bond. Something to do with the herding instinct these people seem to have. Perhaops they're terrified of being alone?
I know what you mean citrojim. Every time we go to ASDA or to use a carpark I always park well out of the way of other cars in a quiet part and, if possible in view of some sort of CCTV camera. I think I would rather take my chances with the car on its own out of the way (it's alarmed and has a beefy steering lock) than surrounded by idiots who dont seem to care about other peoples property (or own for that matter).

Ross I sympathize with you. Back last year I went to draw out some money from a cashpoint and the parking bays are arranged in this angled manner ///////. As I was (typical, great timing :roll: ) at the machine I could see this woman in a Musso looking over her shoulder whilst reversing and before I could get my card out of the machine she had hit my front N/S wing. I believe that if she had a easy escape route she would have buggered off without saying anything but as I was tapping on her window she couldnt go anywhere. Long story short - after a bit of a debate, well more like me giving her a lecture "when reversing with full lock the front end is going to swing out" she gave me 40 quid for a wing out of the cashpoint. Thankfully the Rover has bolt on/off wings.

It makes me mad when people do things like this and do a moonlight flutter. All she had to do was put her mobile no on a bit of paper with a apology and pop it under your wiperblade. Still at least its just the rub strip and not a whole knackered door :evil:
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

The back bumper and light were yanked off my BX by a builders merchant's wagon a couple of weeks back-

And the very apologetic driver knocked on all the doors until he found out who's car it was he'd hit- I didn't want to go through the insurance as it would have meant the car being written off with no guarantee I'd be able to buy back the salvage, so they agreed to pay me from the petty cash for the new bits....what an excellent attitude: well done Travis Perkins!!

As opposed to Ar*os home delivery...who's driver spanked my neighbour's vectra and then drove off thinking nobody had seen him do it........luckily, a couple of people had!!
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

bxbodger wrote:The back bumper and light were yanked off my BX by a builders merchant's wagon a couple of weeks back-

Like the vegoil touch in the boot....
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

While we're on the subject of young mothers and people carriers. Unfortunately I live just across the road from the local school. If I don't time my coming and going with military precision I am well stuffed as I can't get up the road. Recently after waiting at the bottom of the road for 10 minutes for the jam to clear I drove up and found a people carrier parked across my drive! The driver (a young mother! :evil: ) was standing in the middle of the road with two small girls and a pushchair talking to her mate. The traffic had to drive round them! When I politely told her she was parked across my drive I got a mouthful of verbal abuse and they walked off towards the school.

What can you do? Call the police? They'd laugh down the phone at you and much as I would have liked to, there is no way I would have touched her car. So I parked behind her and went and had a cuppa and parked up later.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I have the opposite problem, walking to school my path is usually blocked by inconsiderate residents parking across the pavement leaving no room to walk round never mind get a pushchair around without having to go into the road.

I don't have much sympathy for people who live near schools, you are inconvenienced for maybe a couple of half hours a day (more like a total of 30 mins) and you know what times it will be. Try living next to a nursing home with no carpark like I used to. Never knowing if you'll get a parking spot within half a mile of your house.

For the record, we have a Peugeot 807, and I feel no guilt on the odd occasion I have to use it for the school run. I wouldn't block anyones drive though (nor would my wife).
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Homer wrote: I don't have much sympathy for people who live near schools, you are inconvenienced for maybe a couple of half hours a day (more like a total of 30 mins) and you know what times it will be.
Quite! It's a school. If you choose to live near one you know how it'll be.

Once, on a rare occasion that I picked my kids up from school I parked outside a house just about 20 yards from the school gates. I admittedly parked partially across his obviously disused drive because the road was packed with others waiting for their kids.

The quite elderly owner came stomping out ranting and raving. He was so angry I could see blood vessels pulsing in his head :shock: I explained I'd be here all of five minutes whilst I waited for my girls and should he need his drive in that time I'd move. He got angrier and angrier, waving his stick by now, rather dangerously.

I moved in fear he would have a stroke. He'd turned purple by the end.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...