Wouldn't it be interesting if

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Wouldn't it be interesting if

Post by rossnunn »

Top Gear took a Xantia Activa round their track to see how good it its compared to modern cars, see if it can still cut it.
Having said that if TG's past history is anything to go by then they'd probably stage it to loose. :roll:
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

No - but knowing how Clarkson thinks, he'll sellotape a fish tank onto the
bonnet to try and show it's anti roll isn't really effective!! :roll:

either that or he'll ridicule it for being French and thirsty and not fast
enough because it 'only' has four cylinders.

Now if May and Hammond were let near one - I think values of Activae would
treble overnight from their favourable views on one, and folk would scrap
Pug converted turbos to get Activas going again!

Methinks, I can only day dream on that score sadly...

Andrew
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

why oh why oh why didnt they release a TD version in this country....then there would be loads left running around

its a bit like cabriolets, tooke them about twenty years to realise that some people like diesel engines and cabriolets at the same time
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

weety wrote:why oh why oh why didnt they release a TD version in this country....then there would be loads left running around
Precisely :( My perfect car would be a 2.1TD Activa and it would have been so easy as the Activa shares much of the 2.1TD running gear. Well no, Actually my most perfect car would be a V6 Activa 8)

Those lucky folks on the continent did have various Activa versions, including diesels, a 16V petrol and a V6.

Had the Activa been made more mainstream, anti-roll may have taken off in a big way. I HATE driving a normal car now and find roll very disconcerting, even in my GTi, which is as stiff as a board but still rolls more than the Activa. Driving Dad's 205D :o :twisted: :shock:

Also, we might not have the fun and games getting Activa-specific parts nowadays had they done the sensible thing...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Wouldn't it be interesting if

Post by ACTIVE8 »

rossnunn wrote:Top Gear took a Xantia Activa round their track to see how good it its compared to modern cars, see if it can still cut it.
Having said that if TG's past history is anything to go by then they'd probably stage it to loose. :roll:
Yes, I would like to see that, as it would be an interesting bit of film, and would then let others know more about the Activa. 8)
citrojim wrote:Those lucky folks on the continent did have various Activa versions, including diesels, a 16V petrol and a V6
I have met a guy who is currently over here from Europe, and he is here with his 16v petrol Activa. If it were a 2.1TD or HDI then I would have it off him. 8)
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD