Help from Admin

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

JBUK2

Help from Admin

Post by JBUK2 »

On 09/04/07 I changed my email address within my profile. I then got an email to the new addy asking me to reactivate my account by clicking on the link.
I did this but got an error message - not authorised.

Since then I have been unable to reactivate and use my username. So I have reregistered under a new name JBUK2.

I have emailed the admins at <forum@frenchcarforum.co.uk> two times with no effect.

I would really like to be able to use my original username 'JBUK' So in the hope that the admins see this how do I reactivate my account please ???
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I had received and answered at least one message I received on this but got no response from you.
I saw the #2 membership come through which was a mystery to me at the time as we had a batch get the chop around then and I thought all had been resolved.
IIRC, you changed your e-mail address to one that isn't permitted here, (done so as to deter spammers) and then you corrected it.
I've just been in and re-activated your original account, but I suspect that it may have automatically deactivated when you changed back to your current e-mail address.
I have the settings set in such a way that this happens when anyone alters their e-mail address which is a PITA as it means I have to manually reactivate every one that chenges their e-mail addresses, but it's done to keep the hoardes of spammers at bay and whilst it may be an inconvenience to all concerned, it's less hassle than the other option.
Give it a try now and send me a PM advising how it goes if you would please.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
JBUK

Post by JBUK »

Thanks Alan. PM sent.
BX GTI 8v-290k - RIP
BX GTI 8v-96k +AC
BX TD Estate 74k
BX TD 187k +AC
deian

Post by deian »

It's nice to see forum administrators that actually acknowledge that there is a problem and that they are fixing it, and they HAVE indeed fixed problems, this forums is just as popular as other ones and has hundreds of thousands of users just like other forums. So i'd like to thank alan s and andersdk for being tolerant, fair and thorough admins, keep up the good work.

Deian