pics of you

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

32, married 7 years, no kids, live in Lanark, just outside Glasgow. I am a Chartered Chemical Enginer (I pay a lot of money to be able to write MEng CEng IChemE after my name 8) ) - I work in Grangemouth for a company that provides project design services to the large petrochem complex there.

I am an incurable Citroen nut! My Granddad was good friends with Les Barr, who ran the Citroen franchise in Barrow in Furness for a good number of years - my Dad's first Citroen was an Ami 8 estate from there in about 1976 - followed by 3x GS, 2 x BX, 1 Xantia, 2 Dyanes, another Ami, 3 Visas (one of which - SDL 20X, a Visa II Super E - both me and my 2 sisters learnt to drive, and passed our tests, in), an AX, a Xsara, and a C4 (Currently on order!). There was a short dalliance with an Allegro, but we don't talk about that! My sisters don't escape either - my older one runs a 1987 BX 19RD estate that was my Grandad's, and my younger one's got a ZX D. We have a ZX TD and Xantia TD, and a very rotten Visa decap. Previously had 3x BX, another Xantia and another ZX. I seem to spend too much time fixing the house to get out and weld up the Visa - currently into garden re-organisation :roll: I like to go out hillwalking when I can - which is just an excuse to indulge my other passion for real ale :lol:

I also have a 1929 Velocette motorbike in pieces (no particular interest in old bikes - this one was my Grandad's since before WW2!).

I'm also a severe pedant, and hate mis-use of apostrophes with a passion :twisted:

I always look like I've been shot, am stoned or pissed in photos. This one is no exception (except I was quite pissed at this recent wedding!):

What happens to engineers when they get let out
Richard W
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Meeting

Post by uhn113x »

We did have a couple of forum meetings a couple of years ago - we were there with James UK, Oily Stewart and Bernie Lugg. That was really the "other" forum, though.
Ooh err - you seem to have set a bit of a President here Jim!
Yay! Jim for President! :lol:

I currently work as a Pharmaceutical Dispenser at Marazion in Cornwall (a lovely place to be cooped up in!), giving out drugs to all the retired folk there.
One presumes that the non-retired ones help themselves in the early hours? :wink:

Here's me:

Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

No picture of me or my BX(es).
I'm 54, looks pretty much like Mike from WY, except no beard and less hair :lol:
2 daugters 27 & 24. Oldest to make me granddaddy 1.st time very soon.
Works morning/evening shifts on a major furniture factory at the moment.

Graduated as electronics engineer from DK-RAF in '78, left the forces in '81 (after 8 years). Had another 8 years in a telephone factory, 6 years in an electrician company, and a few years here & there. Been un-employed for a period of 4 years :evil: - before my latest job.
Had training courses in Texas, London, Bruxelles, Stockholm etc.
Have a Microsoft MCSE in NT4 webserver.

Oh - and worked after school hours in a mechanics shop for 3 years :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

32, er

Work in Satellite exploration company for [mainly] oil with a team of rock people (geologists) I kinda support them

South African GF of a year.. (who doesnt drink me under the table, but thankfully keeps up anyway ;) )

going to give all of it up and travel to the other Hemisphere as I am bored and 'your a long time dead' which seems to be my favourite expression :)

may even get a beer off the Mandrake!

and by way of downsizing, I have brought an old Chevy RV and am living in it, on a great farm, which is not nearly as bad as it sounds ;)

John
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

My name is Pete, I'm 30 years old, getting married to the wonderful Sharon in September (the day before my birthday, so no excuses for forgetting our anniversary :wink:)

I'm a Fire Engineer and I live in sunny Bucks. I worked for 3 and a bit years as a Sewerman and amongst my favourite sayings id: "I've been in that sewer!"

my hobbies include Disc golf (see www.bdga.org.uk for an explanation), Ultimate (see http://www.ukultimate.com/what for an explanation), reading, drinking, playing guitar (badly) and Morris Dancing.

I drive a ZX TD and struggle to get better than 40 mpg (depleted uranium right foot), we also have a vectra estate for long journeys/trips to the tip/driving something thats parked closer to the house.

I grew up with Citroens (and Staffies), my folks had a GS and a GSA and I remember trans-european camping holiday with a boot and roofrack full of camp gibbins (and lots of being overtaken)

the following link is one of the rare photos of me on the tinterweb http://www.malvernultimate.com/pictures ... 0/pete.jpg

and incidentally the "Village" is as in Idiot rather than People!
French car free zone....