Citroen-PR.net gone!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

rossd
My Cars:

Citroen-PR.net gone!

Post by rossd »

I see PR.net has been replaced with a subscription only service at http://service.citroen.com.

Bit cheeky, pr.net was a great resource and the minimum payment now is 3 euros per hour!! :(
2003 Xsara HDi 110 - Commuting Hack

http://www.rossy.org.uk/ - 205 Track car progress
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

It was there only yesterday too. Shame they did not just leave it for reference, as it is at this point and no longer updated.

Don't know how we'll survive without pr.net.

Back to looking over the Stearlers shoulder when obtaining parts now I guess.

That news has done noting to improve my day :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Great shame the free site has gone :cry:

However, I tested it & paid 3 euros for 1 hours access. You can search & print off pages from the official Citroen factory repair manuals - could prove very useful, if a bit expensive! Could be worth signing up for the hour then basically printing off every page you'll be likely to need for your particular car/s.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

But I only registered on pr-net last night! That's just not fair!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Land Rover do the same. I signed up for 24hrs or so at about £7.50. It was well worth it to download anything and everything to do with our Discovery. This included all the recalls and tech data that would otherwise be difficult to get hold of.

David
2009 C5 HDi VTR+Nav Tourer
2006 C3 HDi Desire
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Wouldn't it make sense for all us PR Net junkies to pool our collective
collected data on a link etc so savings could be made preventing duplicated
info. If I've found something I've been looking for I don't have an issue with
fellow 'sufferers' having the same info. Yeah, there's probably copyright
issues but if you wont tell, I wont either... :wink:

Andrew
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Interestingly on Land Rover it is impossible to "save as"... just to view or print. Wonder how the Citroen access will be managed??

David
2009 C5 HDi VTR+Nav Tourer
2006 C3 HDi Desire
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

andmcit wrote:Wouldn't it make sense for all us PR Net junkies to pool our collective
collected data on a link etc so savings could be made preventing duplicated
info. If I've found something I've been looking for I don't have an issue with
fellow 'sufferers' having the same info. Yeah, there's probably copyright
issues but if you wont tell, I wont either... :wink:

Andrew
Good idea. If we get enough useful info I'll shove it up on a seperate section of my website if thats any help.
2003 Xsara HDi 110 - Commuting Hack

http://www.rossy.org.uk/ - 205 Track car progress
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Yeah its a shame really :cry:

OTHO its fair enough that Citroen is trying to get back some of their overhead spent on docmentations. From ancient time I know how expensive its is in man-hours to make up a decent documentation system for data & specifications retrieval.
One of the moderators on the Swedish Citroen Akuten site is making a living out of such work in a team of documentation engineers. (not Citroen or PSA documentation though)

3 or 10 euro (£2-£7) fee for access to download a complete workshop manual on a single model wont kick me off.

Sharing info is basically a good idea, but can not be supported from this forum, because of inherent copyright issues.
What you guys do off forum however - is none of my business :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

aint it just a copy wright issue if someone is making money from it,the pug version of pr.net have allways charged people to use it
regards malcolm
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

At least it's still available at a price- when Kia took their very similar system off the web it became dealer only with password access... :?
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

If the only option you get on the web sites landy and pr replacement just download pdf printer driver try primo pdf (i think its the one i have and free).

No need to waste paper and you get a nice shinny pdf to do with as you wish :wink:
406 lx 1.9td estate
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

well thats just not cricket.

I wonder if anyone was sad? or bright? enough to download as much as they could, so we'll be seening the CD's on eBay soon?
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

caveman_si wrote:If the only option you get on the web sites landy and pr replacement just download pdf printer driver try primo pdf (i think its the one i have and free).

No need to waste paper and you get a nice shinny pdf to do with as you wish :wink:
Thats a very good idea, PDF files would be easy to email . . .

The daft thing is I've just noticed I have already got two different PDF printers set up on this PC, it had never occurred to me to try them before :oops: :lol:
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Do you think that if enough of us express our displeasure to PSA / Citroen we could get PR-Net to return?

I'm sure that a lot of people on here like their Citroens and Peugeots because they're cheap to run and maintain. PR-Net was a part of making them cheap to run and maintain and now that it has gone, the cost of running and maintaining a PSA car has gone up.

We're getting to the point where C5s are getting cheap enough that many forum members can afford one, but we don't have the collective knowledge yet about the C5 that we had about the Xantia, BX and those others that went before .... would the fact that a good source of information has dried up be enough to discourage us from converting to C5s and all buy Lagunas instead? If the enthusiasts threatened to not buy another single PSA product it may have some impact....