historic tax

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

historic tax

Post by 504 »

Don't forget to sign up

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/historiccartax/

help all those 'newer' DS, 2CV, CX, GS, 104, 504, R4 etc etc owners
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I am pleasantly surprised at how many have signed up :D I'm just about to even though my oldest is still a few years off benefitting.

Whilst I fully agree with this, I cannot see it changing anything in the present climate (no puns intended..). In the eyes of those that seem to have the ear of the legislators, any older vehicle is seen as the enemy and rather than do anything to encourage, they would prefer to strongly discourage. In fact, I'm a little surprised that last week all our old cars were not bracketed into the top "guzzler" band for being such an environmental menace. We all know the errors in these arguments so 'nuff said.

That aside, I cannot imagine there are, proportionally, that many 25 year and older cars in daily use so what would the coffers loose by allowing the exemption as requested? Very little I suspect and more than outweighed by the general feeling of goodwill that would result from such a move.

We can live in hope and be perhaps even pleasantly surprised :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...