Interesting ZX

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Interesting ZX

Post by rossnunn »

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It'll be a Chinese Copy then :roll: :wink:

Looks rather smart, apart from the decals. I take it this is the version of the ZX they still make in China. Looks like a "facelift" version the French never did.

Any details of the engine? I didn't recognise it as a current PSA engine despite the chevrons on it.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

It's Fukang AXC.

The engines a a 1.6 16v. Not having ever seen a 1.6 16v under the bonnet of a Citroen I'll let someone identify it properly:D

Specs here: ;)

BTW, if you're after a set of those tail lights keep an eye out on ebay.com.cn and ebay.com.tw
ImageImage
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Its the TU5JP 8V engine which is made for ZX models in China. It found its way into the Saxo as well as the TU5J4 16V engine. The Xsara also came with the TU5J4 engine and so did the recent C2/3 models.
TU engines have the characteristic location of exhaust manifold at front of engine.
http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 20B100.gif

Another development since the first TU types is the location of the cat converter immediately under the manifold and the usage of 2 lambda sondes :
http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 56J15A.gif
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

How strange! Presumably this is done with Citroen's blessing / assistance?

If only they'd do a de-badged, RHD, 3-door quick version. Cheap too of course! :lol:

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Those alloy wheels look strangely familiar, just like the set on my Xantia...

I wonder whether the moulds for the Activa alloys are in china now, so can you buy Activa alloys new?
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Don't they use RHD in Hong Kong?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Interesting that they don't seem to have done any re-skinning - which I would have expected after all this time as the dies would have worn out. This is the reason for minor alterations in a car's life - as its virtually impossible to replicate the originals precisely - and shaving corners off etc solves the problem.

I wonder how long it will last? Will it live as long as the Hindustan Ambassador (Formerly Isigonnis suspended Morris Oxford which first say the light of day in about 1953)
jeremy
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Ross_K wrote:
Specs here: ;)
Which ones can you get rice or chips with? :wink:

My ZX had a red thing like that on the bonnet once, when the bird population had been eating elderberries!
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

I'll bet a lot of ZX owners (my wife included) are drooling at the thought of a new RHD for peanuts.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

penuts or noodles?

Anders I've seen those front CAT's mounted in the downpipe on Saxo's/106's, never knew why - I assumed it may have been a bigger cat there for wouldn't fit in its usual place?

Or maybe tighter emission control?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Kowalski wrote:Those alloy wheels look strangely familiar, just like the set on my Xantia...

I wonder whether the moulds for the Activa alloys are in china now, so can you buy Activa alloys new?
They're not Activa Alloys.

If you want some they're still available according to pr.net. Part No. 5402 A1 at a whopping £138 each :shock:

They often come up very cheaply on e-bay.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Just noticed (other than the air con, lights, electric rear windows, leather trimmed door handles etc) that the gille has a chrome centre bar & the badge is slightly bigger than UK cars too.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Having just come back from working in China for a month, i've seen a few of the AXCs with 1.4i or 1.6 16V engines (according to the badges..); some are also badged as ZXs!

The new taxi to have apparently is a Citroen Elysee VIP..the front is a cross between a late ZX and early Xsara, but its a 4 door Saloon (a la 306 Sedan in the UK) and with......
(wait for it)
100mm extra wheelbase (read rear leg room) in the form of the largest B pillar ever seen! Comes with the 1.6 16V engine again...
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

rossnunn wrote: Anders I've seen those front CAT's mounted in the downpipe on Saxo's/106's, never knew why - I assumed it may have been a bigger cat there for wouldn't fit in its usual place?

Or maybe tighter emission control?
no -
I believe its purely in interests of making the complete power unit as compact as possible.
That would also ease the assembly on the production line - cost effectiveness - the demon of our time :roll:
Maybe it gives a better cooling of the (very hot) running cat too.

Catalytic converters are surprisingly small & compact up to 2L engine size. It aint worth distinguishing between different engine sizes unless you are down below 1L in engine size.

A Catalytic converter is nothing but a cavity with an internal surface helping to oxidise the exhaust gasses. And of course an external protective grid against the very hot temperature.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image