Contaminated petrol?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

AX_Man

Contaminated petrol?

Post by AX_Man »

Anyone any tales to tell of having Tesco's or Morrison's contaminated petrol?

If the fault is found to be in the petrol, could you sue the 2 retailers in the small claims court to recover the cost of repair?
1996 Citroen AX Debut and 2001 Citroen Saxo.

I love Citroens!
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

On the Yahoo News section it says that the law will require the garage (petrol garage) to pay for any damages caused if it is found that their petrol/particular pump was contaminated, of course you will need evidence that you bought the petrol from them for obvious reasons.

I cant see them putting up much of a fight if they are to blame in refunding you but Tesco has setup a helpline.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Tesco 3 litre veggie oil has been a bit cloudy lately- they have changed from a clear oil in a square bottle, to a murky oil in a round bottle, the BX still seems to be running OK though...... 8)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

bxbodger wrote:Tesco 3 litre veggie oil has been a bit cloudy lately- they have changed from a clear oil in a square bottle, to a murky oil in a round bottle, the BX still seems to be running OK though...... 8)
I had a panic on the way to work this morning.
Freezing cold night, maybe slightly too much svo to derv in the tank, I get 2 streets away from home and hear this horrible grinding/dragging/scraping sound.
Panic and pull over shut the engine off.
Pop the bonnet, and find a drip of svo on one of the fuel filter nuts that had gelled.
Start the engine, looking at the belts etc, she's sounding a bit rough as it's cold but no grinding noises.
Then they start, from behind me.
Some builders were cutting paving slabs by a house with a circular saw!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool