ZX Crash.. The claiming bit..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

ZX Crash.. The claiming bit..

Post by James.UK »

I got the cheque from the third parties insurance Co (Highways Insurance) yesterday. They were extremely helpfull and very nice people to do business with.. :) so that's all nicely sorted.. :) .. But..

We (Jean or I) have yet to hear anything whatsoever from HER insurance Co?!! I phoned them 10 days ago, on both Jeans behalf and my own, and was informed that the matter was in the hands of their legal dept, and that they would "be in touch".. :evil:

Needless to say, as we both use the same insurance Co (who have been "less-than" :wink: helpfull)) we will both be swopping insurance Co's as soon as possible!!
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

I was involved in an accident 2 years ago that wasn't my fault and it took from the begining of February when the accident happend until the October to sort it out.
I didn't loos any no claims but my insurance company still bumped the price up and stated that it was because I'd been involved in an accident (can't see how that works when I didn't loose any no claims as I was not at fault).
I soon swapped insurance companys at renewal!
I hope you get it all sorted in less time than I did,
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
SteveG

Re: ZX Crash.. The claiming bit..

Post by SteveG »

James.UK wrote:I got the cheque from the third parties insurance Co (Highways Insurance) yesterday. They were extremely helpfull and very nice people to do business with.. :) so that's all nicely sorted.. :)
S'funny, I recently binned Highway for the Xantia. I had my previous car (BMW 730) insured with them and it took 6 months for them to get me a certificate with my name spelled correctly ... and then they got the address wrong. That issue was still outstanding when I swapped over to the Xantia.

On changeover they very quickly sent me a cover note with a letter saying the new certificate, etc., would be with me within 14 days. Yeah right! 2 cover notes later the insurance ran out and I politely declined their renewal offer. Then I got a letter saying I wasn't insured because my DD had been returned by the bank unpaid ~ I knew cancelling it at my end was a good idea :D

Being of a "certain age" I'm now with Saga for both the Xantia and Discovery. Got a great discount on both policies for having both insured with them :D
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hiya Steve. erm you must admit "Steve G" is rather difficult to spell. :lol:

I was of a "Certain age" years ago, :-({|= so maybe I will see what SAGA have to offer, thanks for the info.. :)

Whoever I end up with will deff be totally UK based as I am fed up with trying to talk to people whose English I can't understand!! #-o

My *new* ZX is blue.. that means I now have to start cleaning my car again ](*,) I did so like having a road salt colour ZX.. :wink: :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

It makes me wonder why things take such an awful long time and how some of the insurance companies can be so rude.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Because while they still have the money they should be paying out, they are still getting interest on it.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

bxbodger wrote:Because while they still have the money they should be paying out, they are still getting interest on it.
You're not being cynical enough....

The reason I'd guess is that if the insurer takes their time, SOME punters will think it isn't worth the effort and give up on their claim....
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Dont even get me started with the claim I had with Direct Line- 2 non fault bumps in one week meant an insurance wrangle and no car for 6 months - barstoools the lot of them.