Historic Road Taxation, please read.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Historic Road Taxation, please read.

Post by 504 »

Hi

Please sign up and help this e-petition at

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/historiccartax/

thanks
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

A number of cars which were built in British factories are becoming few and far between and would like the Government to help preserve these cars by offering and extension on the current exemption date.
I don't get it. How's a road tax exemption going to help preserve "A number of cars which were built in British factories"? Does nobody care about french cars made before 1973? It's poorly thought out, you have to admit.

If there was a petition to outlaw linking to that e-petitions site on every forum I visit, I'd sign it in a flash. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure somebody in Downing street has a great laugh at the wacko petitions on that site every morning.
ImageImage
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I'm sure your name and address will be 'harvested' from this site and filed as a potential troublemaker somewhere by Mr Blair who seems determined to create a nation of sneaks.
jeremy
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

OOH! I'm telling on you! :wink:
Be happy: it is a way of being wise. (Confucius.)
'92 TZD Estate(Grolliffe), Gone but never to be forgotten.
'95 405 GLX TD Estate. too new to name.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Ross_K wrote:
A number of cars which were built in British factories are becoming few and far between and would like the Government to help preserve these cars by offering and extension on the current exemption date.
I don't get it. How's a road tax exemption going to help preserve "A number of cars which were built in British factories"? Does nobody care about french cars made before 1973? It's poorly thought out, you have to admit.

If there was a petition to outlaw linking to that e-petitions site on every forum I visit, I'd sign it in a flash. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure somebody in Downing street has a great laugh at the wacko petitions on that site every morning.
I've signed a few that actually say what I've been saying myself for years - not that our 'democracy' will take a blind bit of notice and actually just take the p**s out of the weirder statements instead...

The years' grace is for all/any car that is older - end of confusion!! God knows what this fella's on about. The fact it's laster 30 years and is being maintain don the road should qualify the car for free tax, after all other 30 year old cars were offered it!! The fact the car is still running shows the greenest credential - longevity of use rather than disposing and using a replacement new one with it's attendant manufacturing materials/energy...

Andrew