So where is everybody then?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

So where is everybody then?

Post by CitroJim »

This fair forum has been very quiet for a few days...

So has everyone been enjoying a lazy Festive Season or just busy on their cars and not posting?

I had a great Christmas. In between really good time spent with the family I managed to cure a long-standing niggle on the GTi, repair its drivers seat and do some odd jobs on Junior. The weather has been just too good to mope around indoors.

Later I'm going to wash all three cars...

Happy New Year everyone :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I reckon everyone is sleeping it off. For myself - having been lazing in Spain for the past six weeks, both daughters have told me of the faults on their cars. So this morning the Xsara got a new nearside headlight bulb. Some Citroen designer should have got first prize for making the lamp so inaccessable. Also the Saxo needed a new set of glowplugs. First time I've met a plug that wasn't 12mm.
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Being eating and drinking - like only danes do at xmas :lol:

Ah well - replaced front wheel bearings yesterday on SIL's BX to make sure he still could commute to work.
Oh and tried to correct a steering problem on my own BX. Came home this evening after 5hr's drive with a badly misaligned steering (toed out) Entertaining! :roll:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

>>>Later I'm going to wash all three cars...<<<

Some people really know how to enjoy themselves don't they.... :lol:

Due to the fact that I don't drink much I have been playing taxi over the holidays.. :lol:

My ZX has a problem!! :shock: Nothing serious though, rear wiper stopped working, I will investigate the problem when I have a crazy five minutes and fancy working outside in the cold! (It may have to wait till spring) .. heh heh ... :lol:

I hope you all had a nice time, and that all your lil Cits are on their best behaviour.. :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

James.UK wrote:>>>Later I'm going to wash all three cars...<<<

Some people really know how to enjoy themselves don't they.... :lol:

Due to the fact that I don't drink much I have been playing taxi over the holidays.. :lol:
And I did! No, I had a fabulous Christmas with all the family around. Like you James, I'm the family taxi because I don't drink but I have another reason. I'm a SAD sufferer and MUST spend time out of doors at this time of the year otherwise I collapse into a miserable, inertial, lethargic mess :wink:

So I go outside and I try to do something useful whilst absorbing whatever it is that we SADdos need from the sky. On Christmas Morning I took the dog for a five mile hike. It was the best present she had that day, apart perhaps, from the big bowl of turkey and made me feel on top of the world.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hiya Jim.. It's nice to know you had a good time over Xmas. :lol: Playing taxi's is a pain at times but as traffic was unusually light in this area I quite enjoyed the running around.. :)

If I lived nearer I could have dropped my ZX over for you to play with and really made your day.. heh heh.. Seriously though.. I am sorry to hear you have the SAD problem, and it's nice to see you sorting it out in such a nice way, from the dogs point of view. :)

I am very much a night person, should live in a coffin really.. :shock: :lol: I normaly go to bed around 3-4 am and dont get up till after midday! :lol:

It was even more extreme when I had my snooker club. It was in a basement of a big hotel-sports complex, so there was no natural light whatsoever no matter what time of day month year it was. :roll:

The good news is -- Every day gets longer now, so you should feel better and better as time goes bye.. :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.