What to call him/her/it?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

SteveG

What to call him/her/it?

Post by SteveG »

Okay, I've had the Xantia for a couple of months now so it's time to find a name. SWMBO keeps calling it Vera on account of the registration being OKV - as in Jack Duckworth's famous cry of "Okay Vera". Personally, I think it's a male car but I need some inspiration for an alternative name.

Suggestions?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Give it another couple of months and you'll just probably only be calling it You Ba@*#?rd anyway!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

All cars are girls... They all have very feminine traits... :wink:

Our blue 205 is simply called Junior but she is most certainly a she!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

citrojim wrote:All cars are girls... They all have very feminine traits... :wink:
D'you really think so? My Discovery very definitely feels masculine - big, ugly and snarly ( thanks to his 3.9ltr V8 ). It's only feminine habit is wanting to empty my wallet at frequent intervals - thank gawd for LPG :D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

SteveG wrote: D'you really think so? My Discovery very definitely feels masculine - big, ugly and snarly ( thanks to his 3.9ltr V8 ). It's only feminine habit is wanting to empty my wallet at frequent intervals - thank gawd for LPG :D
All French cars are without a doubt but I'll give in on the Disco. Certainly a bloke, one of those!

French cars are feminine because they need lots of attention, they're usually pretty (in my opinion anyway :roll: ), are highly strung, given to doing unpredictable things, have strange quirks, sulk if they're not cared for and they take years to understand, if at all. You never quite do really understand them and you only need to study the Citroen sub-forum to see that is the truth!

On the plus side they give you a wonderful ride and handsomely repay all the attention you lavish on them :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

All cars are feminine? Try telling Grolliffe that!
I once had a Scirocco called "The virgin" because I never got very far with it but the Ford Taunus was called star trek 'cos I shouted that at it every morning.
Be happy: it is a way of being wise. (Confucius.)
'92 TZD Estate(Grolliffe), Gone but never to be forgotten.
'95 405 GLX TD Estate. too new to name.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

tomsheppard wrote: The Ford Taunus was called star trek 'cos I shouted that at it every morning.
To boldly go...

So did the Taunus have a duff reverse gear then? :wink:
Jim

SteveG

Post by SteveG »

citrojim wrote: All French cars are without a doubt but I'll give in on the Disco. Certainly a bloke, one of those!

French cars are feminine because they need lots of attention, they're usually pretty (in my opinion anyway :roll: ), are highly strung, given to doing unpredictable things, have strange quirks, sulk if they're not cared for and they take years to understand, if at all. You never quite do really understand them and you only need to study the Citroen sub-forum to see that is the truth!

On the plus side they give you a wonderful ride and handsomely repay all the attention you lavish on them :wink:
LOL :D I think you may well be right. Okay, "Vera" it is then :(
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

'Allo Vera! 8)

I don't think I have ever had a car with a pronounceable registration number! Nearest was GUB 188Y (BMW 520i) with deference to Dr Doolittle.

My wife calls her Dyane "Sally" and the DS is referred to as "The Goddess" for fairly obvious reasons. The ZX is called, well, "The ZX".
What else can you do with N189 FNW?
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

N 189
N one-eighty-nine
none-eigthy-
nun Netty
:wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Unfortunately, this one is male, Anders! :roll:
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

uhn113x wrote:Unfortunately, this one is male, Anders! :roll:
How do you know that ?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

It just is :D Maybe the long shiny tailpipe?
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension