Magazine

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Magazine

Post by rossnunn »

While bowsing in WHSmith today I noticed that we don't have a magazine dedicated to french cars. There's Fast Ford, Total Vauxahll & alike but nothing for us frenchies.
I wonder why?
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Because we're too busy fixing them to read magazines, at least the ford owners can take thiers to a garrage and read the magazines there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

There is one called French performance car or something,i think its just changed its name.

Theres also one called the 'Haynes book of lies'which i subscribe too :D
92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Have you ever read something like 'Triumph World'? Believe me, you crack within seconds reading one make mags.......there's only so much anorakory you can take!!!

The main problem for publishers is that they need to fill the mags with something so people buy them and they can then get the advertising revenue. There are lots of people interested in modding Fords and VeeDubs, so they buy the mags, but probably not that many interested in modding froggies, although I think the 205GTi used to have its own mag at one time.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

true but I think there probably quite abit of not only mod'd french motors but fully restored classics, aswell as all the current & future range, plus all the products that are available.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The problem here is that the guy who is restoring a DS 19 Estate isn't interested in how to make a 205 go faster and vice versa.
If you've ever had the good fortune to read a gardening magazine you'll see that they basically repeat every year and that they all carry very similar articles.

Now there may be a gap in the market for a new one - you into journalism?
jeremy
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Here we are-http://www.performancegti.com/ -GTi's only I'm afraid!! Plus home brewed conversions: lock up your spare 16v motors now.........
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Just found a pic of the mag but bxbodger beat me to it!

92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

.......Change Of Title

Post by ACTIVE8 »

While in WH Smith recently, I also noticed the Peformance GTi French Cars magazine, but did not have time to post about it at the time. I had a look at it, and noticed it had changed it's name from Performance GTi.

I think they featured Vee Dubs before, there used to be a lot about Golfs, now they have changed the magazine to focus on French cars, but only the GTi versions. What happened to their VW connection ?

It's not that I am "bovvered" at all, because it's great to have a magazine that gets people reading more about French cars, even if they are only the Gti versions. Also it does seem to have been done in a "Max Power" style.