Bye bye Xantia,hello 406

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Bye bye Xantia,hello 406

Post by np »

Well,after puting my car on Ebay late Fri,its now sold :cry: :D .Sold it to a nice man who lives around the corner from me.Contacted me through Ebay,came to have a look this morning & settled on £475 which i thought wasnt to bad.
Was sorry to see it go,but cant wait to get my Dad`s 406 in a few weeks :D :)
Ebay number 200032586629
Last edited by np on 20 Oct 2006, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Bye bye Xantia

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi Neil,
Turncoat. :D :D :D
I guess you wont be coming over to use my sphere remover now, then.
Best of luck with the Pug.
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
dazcro
My Cars:

Post by dazcro »

Hi NP,

You'll be back!!!! You haven't gone far but you'll be back!!!!

Daz.
Xantia 2.0HDI 90BHP '00 115k
Xantia 1.8i 8valve '99 125k
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Personally think you jumped too soon from ebay - I know a very serious bidder in Bristol who missed the auction as IT FINISHED BEFORE he had a chance to see it!!

Heyho, never mind, you're happy anyhow!!

Andrew
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

TURNCOAT!!! :!: :!: :!: :x At least i`m staying within the PSA group!! :P :wink: :D To be honest Greg,i will miss the ride of the Xantia,as the 406,though good,is no match for it.But its 1 less thing to worry about going back to "normal" suspension.
Dazcro,sods law says as soon as,or not long after i get it something will go wrong or need doing,even though its been faultless in the 3 yrs my Dad`s had it.At least theres a bit more room under the bonnet of the 406 HDI.The Xantias engine bay was a bit cramped :? :D .
Andmcit,i did really want more for it,& i had 33 people watching it & 4 more viewings yesterday,but we haggled each other a bit & the big wad of cash swayed things a bit!! :D 8) :roll: .Also,after selling quite a bit of my rare & disarable(?)model plant collection on ebay,some of it went unsold even though i had 20+ watchers.I did`nt want the same happening with my car.
Went past it tonight on my way home,seems a bit funny seeing on someone elses drive :( :cry: .
Still,roll on 406 :D
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

After owning it for 6 years, I sold my Xantia the weekend before last :cry:

Good luck with the Peugeot. If its anything like the transition from Xantia to Xsara you'll spend the first few weeks thinking "Blimey the spheres on this must be ****ed, . . . . . . . . oh wait a minute, it hasn't got any" :)
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I thought that last year Nick when i had it for 3 weeks.Its a good ride,but i did feel a lot of bumps.Although his last 406 rode smoother,but that did have 195/65/15`s.This 1 has 205/55/16`s,so that will make a slight difference. :)
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

I've just gone from a Xantia with knackered spheres to a ZX Estate with soggy shock absorbers...heaven!!!..in a straight line :wink: :wink:

I'm sure the lure of a Xantia will come back to haunt me..but have to give the wife time to forget the hassle I've had with the last one..
SteveG

Re: Bye bye Xantia

Post by SteveG »

np wrote:Well,after puting my car on Ebay late Fri,its now sold :cry: :D .Sold it to a nice man who lives around the corner from me.Contacted me through Ebay,came to have a look this morning & settled on £475 which i thought wasnt to bad.
Was sorry to see it go,but cant wait to get my Dad`s 406 in a few weeks :D :)
Ebay number 200032586629
Neil, you say such nice things. I haven't been called a nice man for a VERY long time - you should hear what the wife calls me :shock:

Next time you're passing, feel free to pop in and give it a wash and polish .. I won't stop you :D
SteveG

Re: Bye bye Xantia

Post by SteveG »

Gregg1100 wrote:Hi Neil,
Turncoat. :D :D :D
I guess you wont be coming over to use my sphere remover now, then.
Best of luck with the Pug.
Greg
Hi Greg,

Neil won't be needing the remover now he's gone over to the Dark Side :) Any chance I can use it?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Hi Steve :D .Good to see you`ve found our wonderfull forum.Hopefully you wont be needing it too much! :) :oops:
Most probs can get sorted through here.
By the way,i`ve found the unused cigarette lighter for YOUR car :( :D .Never used it as i had a road angel pluged into the socket.Found it in the bits i emptied from the glove box when i got home.I`ll pop it around when i get a chance.
Hope ypu managed to re-code the immoberliser ok.
Cheers,Neil.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

np wrote:Hi Steve :D .Good to see you`ve found our wonderfull forum.Hopefully you wont be needing it too much! :) :oops:
Most probs can get sorted through here.
By the way,i`ve found the unused cigarette lighter for YOUR car :( :D .Never used it as i had a road angel pluged into the socket.Found it in the bits i emptied from the glove box when i got home.I`ll pop it around when i get a chance.
Thanks for that, it would be much appreciated
np wrote:Hope ypu managed to re-code the immoberliser ok.
Cheers,Neil.
Yep, but now can't get your original number out of my head :lol:

Planning to replace the rear spheres this weekend. Should be interesting :wink:
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Give me a call if you need a hand.Got nothing planned.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

np wrote:Give me a call if you need a hand.Got nothing planned.
Thanks for the offer .. might take you up on it too :D
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

You best have a look at my post in the chat pages.Looks like i`ll be trying to sort out the wifes car now :( :x .Hopefully will get that sorted this weekend :) .Cant go on much longer like it is! :roll: