Am I still welcome?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

macaroni
My Cars:

Am I still welcome?

Post by macaroni »

I have sold my Xantia Activa and replaced it with another french car, plastic bodied, 3 seater mid-engined coupe.

It has a Peugeot engine and Citroen gearbox.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at what it is?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Of course you are!

A Matra Bagheera by any chance?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Or even a Matra Murena maybe?

They're the only French 3 seater plastic cars I can think of...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

Good man, a Murena 2.2. I've wanted one for ages and I found a really well-looked after one with some choice engine mods. I love it!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Wow! tasty! =P~ 8)

Now that is one nice car and very different too.. Very special.

I'm :mrgreen:

I have always had a liking for the Matras and my interest was piqued when Practical Classics did a restoration on a Bagheera a while ago.

My two kids would love me to have one. No more arguing as to who sits in the front :wink:

I really do think we can definitely forgive you for selling the Activa if you have replaced it with that!

keep us up to date on it
Jim

macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

Thanks Jim, that is one of the main reasons I got it, so I could have a sports coupe and still take both kids out in it.

Still getting used to LHD though!

Post by 504 »

Nice one! Those Talbot engines in it are strong units. My friend has one, a short clip.

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Just remember NOT to pop your lights up at speed on a windy day!

I had a Mazda 323f 18i 16v EX and it went so light on the front end under those conditions keeping it on the road was near nigh impossible!! :shock:

I sold the car for that very reason.. :(

Your car does look nice though.. ;-) :lol: lol..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.