Child seats

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Child seats

Post by ACTIVE8 »

AX_Man wrote:I have a 7 month old baby and have a normal car seat for her that the seat belt links into runners on the top and also the diagnal of the seat belt goes around the back of the car seat through guides.
God bless Citroen that this seat fits the AX, Saxo, a Picasso and a Pug 306 and even a Vauxhall MPV.

However my dad's saftey first car, a Volvo estate, the car seat doesn't fit as the belts are too short. Which is annoying as when going out with them have to take my car as well.

Anyone have any experience of this problem or know if there is a way around it?
Which model of Volvo estate does he have ?
AX_Man

Post by AX_Man »

V70
1996 Citroen AX Debut and 2001 Citroen Saxo.

I love Citroens!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

How about fitting extender belts in the V70.
I believe the problem is wellknown, so properly made & certified extender belts must be available.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

The reason why I asked what model he has is because a family member has a V40, and I have used a child seat in it like yours, and it fits O.K. with no problems with belt length.

Although compared to the Xantia it's more difficult to load the seat through the rear door opening as the rear door is not as long as the Xantia's, and it does not open as wide. So as you're attemting to fit the seat the narrow door opening does not help. :roll:

Also as people say goodbye, and want to before you drive off just reach in, and touch the child through the open window, they can do that with an Xantia as the window drop glass goes right down into the door. 8)

While the V40 will only allow the drop glass down to half way ! :roll:

So the Xantia comes out on top on several counts ! 8)

I like aspects of the V40 obviously not the ones mentioned above, so I would go for a larger Volvo if I went for one, and a T5 certainly appeals !
AX_Man

Post by AX_Man »

For 11 months got by without using my dads car and taking 2 cars anywhere. But now my girl is bigger the Britax First Class (or whatevcer it is called) can be fitted forward facing in all cars due to the universal routing.
1996 Citroen AX Debut and 2001 Citroen Saxo.

I love Citroens!