Ebay again!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

KP wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0020316358

What you guys think of this then?? :)
The winner "kingpleb" isn't KP (YOU then?)

High miles but not bad business and I guess for 77quid it's good for the parts the car could yied if the head gasket isn't repaired, after all it's got a longish MOT...

Xantias have to be the biggest bargains on ebay at the moment - I can't believe the utter rubbish that's fetching more money with rust issues etc etc, notwithstanding the fact they're not wearing double chevrons!! :wink:

Andrew
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Yip tis me in the same :)

Been quoted £100 for the labour for the headgasket and i just provide the parts so ill be off to good old GSF on saturday morning for them :)

PS ive looked on the GSF website and it mentions 2 notch and 3notch sets?! :shock: how can i tell what set i will need or is it a wait till the head is off job??

The car is mainly to get me to work and back and then for using to go biking as well and it should be able to run on an SVO mix or straight in the current weather as well :) hope to go pick her up tonight! only 2.5hours there and the same back but for a tnak of diesel that sould be good :)
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Not a Citroen, but play spot the difference on these two auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4651166464

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0015867231

Some people really are morons... :lol:
ImageImage
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

'Makes interesting reading'! Between June and August it's halved it's mileage... :shock: :roll:

So who's telling porkies!? Guy should be shut down off ebay just from the apparent dodgy dealings highlighted from these two links. Certainly TOO MANY coincidences, including the two 'different' sellers' descriptions...!

Andrew
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

might get caught out if the car had two of the new mot's....apparently those feedback mileage to DVLA who are meant to be looking out for this sort of thing
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Its amazing how theres so many con merchants out there, preying on the general public with all their BULL.

Went to see a Xantia for £200 (Spares or repairs, but nothing stated wrong with it) off the AutoTrader for Wilkobob since his Mondeo slipped its cambelt.

Was told yep starts up fine no problems.....well 40mins journey....15mins waiting around....for the car not to start (after standing over a month)....with the help of 2 battery packs. WHAT a waste of time!!!!!!

It was the first rusty Xantia I've seen, however it was starting to rise and fall so their was life left in her, just wouldnt start (glowplugs, fuel pump, head gasket?). There was diesel coming through the primer bulb :(

I really want him to get a Xantia :D
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mezuk04 wrote:
It was the first rusty Xantia I've seen,
Rusty :shock: :shock: :o

This is drifting OT but Where and how badly? Start a new thread if it was significant.

Wresting back on-topic :wink:

My Xantia came from eBay and I guess I was lucky but it turned out a good 'un. Bought it off of one who was a member of this very forum although I did not know it at the time. It was only when I was searching here looking for solutions to unresolved problems on it that I discovered a number of posts talking about the same problems on the car I had just bought!

Caveat Emptor very much applies. Feedback, a good description, well written (without silly grammar or spelling mistakes) and honest pictures and I don't think you can go too badly wrong. The vendor of my Xantia described it accurately over 6 pages, warts and all in perfect Queens English.

I use eBay for my other passion (Vintage Radio) and have, touch wood, never had a problem.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Rust had started developing underneath the wing mirrors, where the plastic triangle meets the body panel and at the bottom corners of the front doors.

It was in a generally poorer condition to most.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I've bought a fair few cars off ebay and not had any issues to date! Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm not at the high end of the market/budget where a loss would be a blow if it was a duffer/con/subject to theft or outstanding finanace...

Andrew
Last edited by andmcit on 25 Aug 2006, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

MizUK, ill have one for sale soon that will have had its headgasket done by then as well as new non return valve or primer bulb, new spheres and accumulator anda good service and have run some SVO for a while so the fuel system will be super cleaned out :)

It took 4litres of oil to get back from oxford last night but she was pulling quite well and sat comfortably all the way back. the sunroof even works perfectly and teh plils are in mint condition as well. However it has 197k on teh clock currently and probably be over 200k when im realy to move on in a month or less but loads of MOT left and tax till end of oct as well :)

PS sorry tot he mods for drifting OT ;)
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

KP - what've you been up to on ebay!!!?

"Buff, lithe, and muscular, this buyer is hot beef" in your feedback... :lol:

Andrew
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

LOL thats one of the coop forum members playing 'gay chicken on the net'

I won a phone charger.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Well Thursday he had purchased a car :oops:

Got a phone call Sunday morning asking if I fancied going to the scrappers to help him get bits for his Ford Sierra 1.8TD.

It wouldnt be a bad car if it had any little extras like Power Steering :oops:
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

mezuk04 wrote:Well Thursday he had purchased a car :oops:

Got a phone call Sunday morning asking if I fancied going to the scrappers to help him get bits for his Ford Sierra 1.8TD.

It wouldnt be a bad car if it had any little extras like Power Steering :oops:
thats quite a rare beast....they only made them for a couple of years.... (1.8 td sierras that is)........
M reg xantia 1.9td 266000 miles expired
R reg xantia 1.9td 186000 miles veggy power expired
L reg renault clio 1.9D 91000 miles expired at 107000 miles
x reg clio 15d veggy power bottom of the car rotted through
06 c5 2.2 TD wowser so much power and comfort 160000 miles
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Both bumpers could do with replacement but there not cracked enough to really warrant it, its the most basic model.

In terms of rust, it has surprisingly very little, went and got a replacement fuel tank as the one fitted was leaking, only a tenner to have and very easy to remove and replace at the scrappers.

Not a bad car, but his finances are tight so has to make do....not as tight as mine that is.....£110k in debt :cry: