Idiot Drivers

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

Idiot Drivers

Post by OwenP »

Had an "interesting" experience whilst driving this evening.

On my way to a diused factory to do a spot of shooting (archery, with a local club, before anyone gets worried.) was driving along at about 60 when I saw a cyclist or two going the other way being overtaken by two cars.

I slowed down a bit and then realised that car number two (driver on mobile phone) was a long way onto my side of the road and wasn't going to be back on his side before we would have hit each other, I braked rather harder at this point and found the white van who'd been up my a*** for the last mile or so on the verge to the left of me. Quite a nice high one so hopefully its not done his tracking and possibly sump any good.

As he drove back onto the road I made him further aware of my presence with the horn to the reply of a middle finger out the window.

I got his number plate, unfortunately missed the ******* on his phone's plate. Do I bother to do anything about this, i.e. report his driving to the police? If so whats the best way to go about this?

Thankfully apart from being a bit shaken there was no damage to my car and no one got hurt, could have been quite serious though.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Re: Idiot Drivers

Post by Homer »

OwenP wrote: I got his number plate, unfortunately missed the ******* on his phone's plate. Do I bother to do anything about this, i.e. report his driving to the police? If so whats the best way to go about this?
You could report it to the local station, what will happen after that depends on the force or even the officer (more likely a civvy) you deal with. But it seems like the van driver got a bit of a wakeup call anyway. As for the other guy, like you say you don't have his number but it's possible one of the cyclists has reported it. But it's only a 30 quid fine and no points anyway.