Not a wreck then...?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

andmcit
My Cars:

Not a wreck then...?

Post by andmcit »

Oh I love the amusement ebay provides! http://tinyurl.com/el4qg

Why on earth would you put a bent bonnet from a failed strut car on a car that's a different colour!! :shock:

Handbrake doesn't seem to work as it's only on a small slope but he's had to leave it in reverse. Oh, love to multicoloured tail lights too!!

Care was taken to finish the chips before framing the front view picture so expertly too.

Ok, I'm being Mr Cynical, but sometimes it really doesn't take ANY extra effort to do things right! :roll:

Andrew
Amazon Activa

Re: Not a wreck then...?

Post by Amazon Activa »

andmcit wrote:Handbrake doesn't seem to work as it's only on a small slope but he's had to leave it in reverse.
I always leave mine in gear on any kind of slope, just in case. Xantias have a design fault, which means that some times the handbrake does fail.

Love the spelling of "Xantia"
Last edited by Amazon Activa on 28 Jun 2006, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future - Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights

Nissan 300zx TT (94k)
Citroen BX Estate 19RD (197k)

Citroen Xantia Activa (Gone, but never forgotten)
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Please note that people selling Citroens/Peugeots on Ebay may be friends of this forum :!:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

So we should refrain from saying anything derogatory, just in case? :shock:

It does look like a mix'n'match piece of crap in all fairness...
ImageImage
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

AndersDK wrote:Please note that people selling Citroens/Peugeots on Ebay may be friends of this forum :!:
A point I do consider! I'm always prepared to stand by what I do say and justify my reasoning if things 'kick off'. Well, if you're reading this rs..74 no offence intended - I don't feel I was being tooo derogatory at the end of the day? But 'Xantia'? Surely if you're contributing on this forum you'd have sussed the correct spelling here by now, there's enough reference to it here!!

And on the bootlid!

It's got 12 months ticket and MAY even be a nice car beyond the odd coloured bonnet/tail lights, but I don't feel it's being 'pitched' well enough on ebay to give it a fair shout. I've been on ebay long enough to see a good, bad and indifferent listing.

BTW, with those wobbly bits on the bonnet I'd say it's yet more evidence of strut top failure mind...

Andrew
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Its a N plate, which means 96, yet it has the grille from an early (93 / 94) car without anti-sink. Its had its grille replaced and bonnet swapped with a damged one, you'd have to presume that the original bonnet was in worse shape, possibly its had a front end knock.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

A bit off topic I suppose, but do the tops of the boot lids/tailgates on Xantias (note correct spelling) =D> go flat in the paint over there?
Over here, they just go totally dull like they've been sanded with an orbital sander and have to be resprayed.
I suspect it's possibly our severe sun that causes it on the obviously non metal material they're made of.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

A bit off topic I suppose, but do the tops of the boot lids/tailgates on Xantias (note correct spelling) go flat in the paint over there?
Yes they do (on mine anyhow). It looks like someone spilt a bottle of bleach on the bootlid. The paint is still there but it has a "whiteish" colour to it (mine is Astral blue) and a very rough, grainy feel - like the tailgaite has been cleaned with a brilo pad. Its not only on mine I have noticed a lot of older Xantias with the same problem (im on the lookout for a second hand bootlid as mine has a rather large split in it thanks to a Ford Iveco Cargo :shock: :evil: )
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I really can't see much wrong with it!!

Like the man says in the ad- ideal workhorse. I doubt that it'll go for much more than £150 or so, it probably won't even hit a oner, and for that money you're buying 12 months MOT with a car thrown in. Buy some tax and third party insurance and you're away.

As long as it starts, drives, and stops in a straight line the cosmetics are immaterial at that price level, and if it should suffer some expensive failure 6 months down the line, it won't owe you much.

Were I living nearby and in need of a cheap motor I'd jump at it-even with tax and insurance its cheaper than a bus or train pass and a damned sight more comfortable!!