One Careful Owner NOT !

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

One Careful Owner NOT !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes, this car was up for sale, and someone did buy it despite what you can see in the picture ! :)

:roll:

Note that it also has a problem with the engine, as apparently the timing belt has snapped !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-PEUGEOT-406- ... dZViewItem

Looking at the feedback it appears he had been looking for new mirrors, although after the car has been in a ditch you would expect much more damage than just a mirror.
sub42
My Cars:

Post by sub42 »

22000 hits!

Have you read the damn thing! My wife was threatening to chop off my eyebrows when I was asleep if I didn't shut up laughing!
Previous convictions for ferret and giraffe rustling.

Synergie 1.9td SX loaded spec.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Mate slid on black ice and planted his Pug 405 in a similar position. Only damage was to his reputation and pride as the ditch was nice and soggy! Yep, no damage whatsoever, depends if the mirrors clout something.

I like this new style of honesty on ebay, let's see more of it. Least you know where you stand from the outset! :lol:

Andrew
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

andmcit wrote:Mate slid on black ice and planted his Pug 405 in a similar position. Only damage was to his reputation and pride as the ditch was nice and soggy! Yep, no damage whatsoever, depends if the mirrors clout something.

I like this new style of honesty on ebay, let's see more of it. Least you know where you stand from the outset! :lol:

Andrew
You wouldnt want to be clouted with a 405 mirror, They weigh a ton, Theres a great big metal chunk inside them, Perfect for smashing other cars mirrors off when they touch.

The 406 mirror is crap in that respect, It just a load of nasty plastic, Nothing to them, Not strong at all.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

PowerLee wrote:You wouldnt want to be clouted with a 405 mirror, They weigh a ton, Theres a great big metal chunk inside them, Perfect for smashing other cars mirrors off when they touch.
Yep... I've done that. Dimblebrain in a Toyota Avensis got way too close to me while crossing a restricted width bridge a fair while ago, and we clouted mirrors. His came clean off, I couldn't find any damage (other than scratches) to mine. He was mighty annoyed about that as his car was only a few years old. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is not a signature.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

sub42 wrote:22000 hits!

Have you read the damn thing! My wife was threatening to chop off my eyebrows when I was asleep if I didn't shut up laughing!
Well with that many hits, and four pages of questions, it has certainly done very well for a car auction.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed it. :D

How are the eyebrows doing ?

Have you been subjected to some discrete plucking ?
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

andmcit wrote:Mate slid on black ice and planted his Pug 405 in a similar position. Only damage was to his reputation and pride as the ditch was nice and soggy! Yep, no damage whatsoever, depends if the mirrors clout something.

Andrew
Well this new style is certainly very entertaining ! :D
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

More Publicity !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

This auction managed to reach a wider audience, when it appeared on Have I Got News For You. :)

Edit.............................. :shock: :oops:

Sorry, DER I meant to type Top Gear, but due to a lack of coffee, and being pleased that the forum is working again, ended up puting the wrong programme title in by mistake.

They certainly had fun with the auction, and the picture. :)
Last edited by ACTIVE8 on 31 May 2006, 08:30, edited 3 times in total.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

And TopGear!! Bet they didn't look at the 75 Question and Answers...

Maybe not for public airing on the BBC!! :wink:

Andrew
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Lea(r)ner ?

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Imagine if the auction was still running, then he would receive even more hits thanks to Top Gear. :)

Also there might be many more questions, although that would not be a bad thing, as they certainly make entertaining reading.

Has this auction set a record for the amount of hits, and or questions for an average car auctioned on ebay ?
LeeDJC
My Cars:

Post by LeeDJC »

Shame it's not a real pic and has been photochopped....just look at the reflections on the car etc. It's not right!

But still......a good laugh! I wonder what the winning bidder did?
2004 Berlingo Multispace HDI, 105000