Can't get search to work correctly.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

samtronic
My Cars:

Can't get search to work correctly.

Post by samtronic »

Hi,

I can't seem to get the search function to work correctly:
If I for example search for 'xantia hdi' and select 'Search for all terms', I get 113 hits and the 6 threads in 2006 are from Apr 22, 23 and 24.

That can't be right! Only 6 threads containing xantia and hdi in 2006, and all in the last few days?

A search for xantia returns 1661 hits with the last 50 threads covering Sep 12 2005 to today. That gotta be wrong!

I actually wanted to search for mist jets, beacuse I can't remenber if it was 406 or 407 mist jets that fit a Xintia, but that search returns zero hits.

Regards,
Søren A.M.
'93 Xantia 1.8i 8V
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

NP wrote>> Peugeot part number for mist washers 6438H0,£2.32 + vat each from my local dealer<<

I think they are meant for the 406, and fit the Xantia.. The thread you are looking for is just a bit further down on this page.. :oops: :roll: ... :lol: :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Are you selecting the 2nd little round button option underneath the search field, I find it tends to give you threads that your after instead of endless dross :P
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
samtronic
My Cars:

Post by samtronic »

Thanks James, just the info I needed.

mezuk, yes I am selecting the second option (Search for alla terms), but for a search for mist jets only returns this topic, eventhough there clearly is a topic a bit further down this page.
My problem is that I get way to few results for my searches, often zero.

Regards,
Søren A.M.
'93 Xantia 1.8i 8V
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Try searching for:

"spray jets" & "washer jets" and also search in the Peugeot forum since they are obviously related...the term "mist jets" doesnt bring anything up however the others bring several.
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
samtronic
My Cars:

Post by samtronic »

What I find strange, is that the topic James mentioned is 'Cit Peugeot mist jets.' and contains the words 'mist' and 'jets' many times, yet a search for mist jets doesn't find it.
Not even a search on the whole site (default) can find it. Maybe it is just me, but neither Opera nor Internet Explorer can find it (and I can't see what difference the browser should make).

Regards,
Søren A.M.
'93 Xantia 1.8i 8V