well done to citroen's hydractive

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

Post by deian »

Oooh, nasty...

About the japs... take the wankel-rotary engine... german invention (bmw i think), taken by the japs and sold as the RX-7 and RX-8.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

silly sping? I've read about this but never known actally what / where it is.
I suspect it still has it.
as per the nose dipping, its ok under normal braking if I bury it then sure it dips & if I stop rather harshly at a set of lights I notice the back being pulled back down, then if you just ease the pressure off the pedal it collapeses then starts to pick itself back up again. This can be a little game if the car is sat on a slope, I assume this is down to the self-leveling doing its thing?

Ref JB, yes was abit like that, I think they made the wrong decision to stop him short of the line tho to save a 10 place drop next GP.
& did anyone see shoemuncher put it in the wall? highly amusing there is just no grip in the air! lol
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

:roll:
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

rossnunn wrote:silly sping? I've read about this but never known actally what / where it is.
I suspect it still has it.
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=11689

You'll have to manually copy and past the image URL's though because that message predates the shift from GSF to frenchcarforum...
as per the nose dipping, its ok under normal braking if I bury it then sure it dips & if I stop rather harshly at a set of lights I notice the back being pulled back down, then if you just ease the pressure off the pedal it collapeses then starts to pick itself back up again. This can be a little game if the car is sat on a slope, I assume this is down to the self-leveling doing its thing?
Ok well I did say back lifting, not nose dipping - they're two different effects...as for the height changing at the back at the traffic lights, yeah, thats due to the way the rear brakes can "clamp" the rear suspension height, and the height corrector trying to do something about it. Mine does that too, and I find it annoying enough that I normally use the handbrake at traffic lights to avoid it...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Mandrake wrote: Ok well I did say back lifting, not nose dipping - they're two different effects...as for the height changing at the back at the traffic lights, yeah, thats due to the way the rear brakes can "clamp" the rear suspension height, and the height corrector trying to do something about it. Mine does that too, and I find it annoying enough that I normally use the handbrake at traffic lights to avoid it...
aaah right I see, erm I've not noticed to tell you the truth so prob not. But I'll have a play when it gets light.
I can't tell you the number of looks I get as she goes up & down lol sometimes, if I'm really bored at a set of lights I knock the suspension up to it second notch, let it rise then drop it again - I used to raise it right up but once the lights changed quicker than I thought so I dropped it down & crept down the road until it sorted itself out again :roll: :lol:
deian

Post by deian »

were still down that trick then, i really want to do that too, but i think my suspension is a little too slow for games like that at the moment. damn
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

deian wrote:Oooh, nasty...

About the japs... take the wankel-rotary engine... german invention (bmw i think), taken by the japs and sold as the RX-7 and RX-8.
The wankel engine was invented by the german engineer Wankel. He sold the rights to the german car manufacturer NSU, who later sold the rights to japanese car manufacturer Mazda.

BMW has never taken any part into the wankel engine - other than they may have developed some prototype engines under Mazda license - as Mazda still have the world-wide rights and patent.

The wankel engine has developed to a very high power compact engine. Sadly the production process is also very expensive - leaving the engine a specialty for high end cars.
Its still possible to buy a brand new showroom Mazda with a wankel engine.
http://www.der-wankelmotor.de/index.html
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
JohnCKL
My Cars:

Post by JohnCKL »

Monkey see Monkey do
Clogzz, that's a bit racist, isn't it, mate.
Xantia 1.9TD 1996
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Better than traffic lights, do it at the car wash....Their were about 3 cars infront and 2 behind so i thought i'd have a wee play.......HIGH LOW HIGH LOW HIGH LOW....something out of the seven dwarfs me' thinks.

It was brilliant looking at the people in disbelief lol
However they may have thought I converted a normal car to a pimp mobile and therefore will never be able to consider a Xantia as their perferred choice of transport :cry:

And this Corolla is bleeding awful...180 miles on half a tank....such a joke! and at a certain speed (slightly over the speed limit) it doesnt half feel unsafe, talk about twitchy....now that was scary
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(