At the auction..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

At the auction..

Post by mbunting »

At the auction in Chesterfield tonight, there was a nice looking 405 (curved dash) petrol which only bid to about 150.

There was also ( which I had my eye on ) a 5dr ZX 1.9D - very good condition internally and externally - pretty new tyres all corners, spare unused, clean, straight, two lady owners, plenty of mot.

They came around to starting it up, and I made sure I was 'in the area' - and it started on the button, no smoke, no roughness.

I asked the guy to pop the bonnet, I undid the radiator cap - the car enthusiastically responded by washing my hands, mouth, nose and glasses with high pressure coolant :o ( it was coolant, not water, and luckily it was cold !).

Needless to say, soaked, I put the cap back on, shut the bonnet, and let the driver take it into the hall, and it bid to around 400 #-o
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I undid the radiator cap
They actually let you :?: :shock: :!:
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Re: At the auction..

Post by Kowalski »

mbunting wrote: I asked the guy to pop the bonnet, I undid the radiator cap - the car enthusiastically responded by washing my hands, mouth, nose and glasses with high pressure coolant :o ( it was coolant, not water, and luckily it was cold !).

Needless to say, soaked, I put the cap back on, shut the bonnet, and let the driver take it into the hall, and it bid to around 400 #-o
What do you reckon, head gasket?