Ford Focus 1.6TDCi Zetec

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I think my original thread has taken on another direction :evil:

:wink:
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

mezuk04 wrote:I think my original thread has taken on another direction :evil:

:wink:
Quiet you, its our thread now. :twisted:
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

well i never....cheeky monkey :lol:
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Kowalski wrote:
bxbodger wrote:I think they do make things safer, as long as people know what they are for......

EBA can make the difference between hitting and not hitting the kid who runs out into the road, but for most of the time I don't think people are aware of their existence unless they take an interest.

The Kia is fully loaded with all this stuff and the wife, who mainly drives it, had no idea what it all does-she like many others,sees ABS mentioned in the handbook and thinks that it makes you stop quicker: I had to explain its actually to help keep control of the steering under full braking- I don't think she even knows its got EBA.
One of the nice things about EBA is that it flashes the hazard lights, when you stop suddenly. When I'm on the dual carriageway and the traffic stops suddenly, I often find myself watching traffic behind that hasn't noticed, its those sorts ot times you like these nice features.

ABS and EBD do make a difference to stopping distances) ABS was banned from Formula 1 for that very reason) but it is a low percentages improvement. They are of biggest advantage to a driver who doesn't know what to do with the brake pedal apart from step on it hard in an emergency.

Personally, I don't like the complexity and potential for bits to go wrong. I like what ABS does, my car has it and I wouldnt go back to a non-ABS car, I would like a button to turn the damn thing off in the snow though ;)
The EBA system DOESNT make the hazards lights flash.

The auto warn feature is what flashes the hazard lights.

I can get the hazard lights flashing on the 206 without activating the EBA :wink:

If you want to tuen the ABS off then disconect a sensor or pull the fuse.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Picked up the Xantia last night, by george its all so heavy.

Steering heavy, pedals heavy.....

Will be a joy to pick up the Focus Estate this afternoon when i get in my home town...oh god did i just say that :shock: