Cit Peugeot mist jets.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Cit Peugeot mist jets.

Post by James.UK »

Having had a really good look at what would be involved fitting 407 jets to a ZX I have come to the conclusion that the best way to do it would be to drill holes and fit Xsara jets on top of the bonnet in the usual place. :roll: :?

Personaly I will keep the existing ones on the ZX for the time being.. But will change those on the Peugeot 306 for Xsara mist jets. :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Having driven the 306 on the Mway in heavy rain and tried the mist jets, I now intend to drill holes in the ZX bonnet and fit Xsara mist jets to it. Just need some decent weather to do the job in... :?

I don't like modifying cars much, but in this case it's a good idea. The mist jets clean the screen quicker, better, and use less water.. And for the blingers, it does add a small amount of individuality.... :roll: :)
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

James.UK wrote:Having driven the 306 on the Mway in heavy rain and tried the mist jets, I now intend to drill holes in the ZX bonnet and fit Xsara mist jets to it. Just need some decent weather to do the job in... :?
Could you not get away with drilling holes in the plastci scuttle?

Do Pug not do mist jets for the 406? these would be a straight swap for the zx items as they are on the xantia (swapped my xantia ones on to the zx for its mot as I had a duff washer)

Mats posted tomorrow James.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

One thing i`ve noticed with my mist jets is that if the water runs out,you usally get a bit of crud through the pipes.When i refill,1 or both jets then spay out a single jet of water :( .So i have to give them a bit of a poke with a needle,which if you push it in to far,you can upset the mist device inside :x .
So just go poking a needle straight into the washer to hard. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

martyhopkirk wrote:
Do Pug not do mist jets for the 406? these would be a straight swap for the zx items as they are on the xantia (swapped my xantia ones on to the zx for its mot as I had a duff washer)
Yes they do Marty.I`ve got Pug 406 mists on my Xantia.I posted the Pug part number here http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 9&start=15
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I like having the mists on the Xantia, i feel unique :lol: well apart from you guys....even if it does mean having to do them on and off quickly so the water goes on the windscreen and not the roof.

It certainly cleans the screen much better and doesnt make the wipers produce that awful smearing sreaching (sp?) sound
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I think alot of people are getting confused with Pug 406 mist jets,& Pug 407 mist jets.The 407 jets are different to the 406 jets,which are a straight swap on many Pugs & Citroens.
THE 406 MISTS WILL FIT ALOT OF CITROENS AS A STRAIGHT SWAP :D ,NOT THE 407 JETS.
Heres the topic where the confusion was confesed :D :wink: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =mist+jets
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Marty. I'm not really averse to putting the jets on top of the bonnett.. But if the 406 jets will fit, then that's the obvious way to go.. Will get some 406 jets ordered tomorrow.. If I keep this up, I will be able to open a shop selling second hand mist jets!! :roll: :oops: :D

As far as drilling holes in the plastic scuttle goes, I think the Xsara jets would be easier to fit. The 407 jets are a very awkward shape to fit to anything.. :(

At least I wont need to drill holes to fit the mats Marty!!! :D :D :D

meZuk04 >>"it does mean having to do them on and off quickly so the water goes on the windscreen and not the roof."<<

Why do you have to do that?? Cant you use some sort of thin packing undrneath the jets seats to make the water go where it's needed? :?
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I could put something in them in order to tilt them a fraction but that involves

1. Pulling the bonnet release handle.
2. Lifting the bonnet and securing.
3. Getting myself on top of the wheel arch and peering upwards with a slight frown.
4. Trudging off to find something to wedge in them in order to produce a better angle of spray.
5. Go back to the car and insert said material.
6. Close the bonnet.
7. Get into drivers seat.
8. And commence washing action.

Oh and also finding the right day and necessary hours of daylight in order to do the above procedure as i always break something :cry:

As you can see the work involved is quite dawnting and would probably be better spent changing the LHM fluid :D

The car will be sat for two weeks from tomorrow afternoon so I may just put it on hold :P
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

LOL@Mezuk.. I know the feeling :? maybe leaning out of your window with a water pistol would be easier... lmho. :D :D

Well I phoned the local Peugeot depot today and they tell me I have to wait 10 days then ring them again as there is a big demand for 406 mist jets at the moment!! :roll: :( They wouldn't even take my order at this stage!! :shock: :oops: :cry:

I offered to go down and take the ones off the 306 they have in their showrooms, but he threatened to have me arrested if I did that.. lol.. :lol:
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Mats posted out this morning James - look out for a loooooong parcel :lol:
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

i went into my local peugeot dealer today, he said closest pair was in chingford, 25 miles i couldnt be bothered for a pair of mist jets! so i asked him to order a pair in, and mine should be availible on wednesday!
ZX 1.4I 1993 Reflex KDX
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Marty.. Re the long parcel? that would be as long as the ZX passenger side dash top I assume!!! LOL.. :lol: I bet your rhubarb pies are a sight !!

LighteningUK.. >>and mine should be availible on wednesday! <<

Bliddy show off!.. :P Probably be mid summer before I get mine at this rate! :roll: :?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Marty.. Parcel arrived as described.. lol.. 6inches wide, 30 inches long!!! he he :lol: Thank you, they look very nice, and things put on my dashtop wont end up between my passenger seat and its door now! :D ..
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Finally got both cars sorted.. Facts :-

The Xsara jets fit straight onto the Pug 306, just a simple ten minute job. They look nice and work very well, I recommend the swop.. :D

The Pug 406 is a straight swop onto the Cit ZX.. But.. The jets look normal to me? Twin streams of water exactly the same as the originals produced! So no point in making the swop.. In fact the jets look more difficult to clean should they get clogged up.. Not recommended. :roll: :(

The Pug 406 jets are very cheap though? 92 pence each. lol.. :lol: