A Different Registration number !

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

A Different Registration number !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I wonder if this seller has sold any of these to a French person, or if any have been fited to a French car. :) LOL

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Registration-No-O ... dZViewItem

ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
micitroen
My Cars:

reg

Post by micitroen »

I've bought two of these quite recently.......no probs. Didn't deal with this guy but the guys I dealt with, knew him and thought he was fine. I've got mine on my bike and my Xsara. My neighbours in france thought it was 'magnifique' quite like them myself....makes both the car and bike ageless. Paid about 30 quid each for them plus the £80 dvla fee.
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well micitroen I like the idea, and certainly if I had a place in France, I would have it on the car. :) 8)
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well micitroen I like the idea, and certainly if I had a place in France, I would have it on the car. :) 8)
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Amazing True Story !!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Sorry about the double post above, early morning !! 8-[ :)

Anyway, how about a place further away than France, and yet still managing to have a job here in the U.K. The details below are from a national newspaper article published previously.

THE LONDON BOBBY WHO COMMUTES FROM NEW ZEALAND
(Thanks to a crazy police overtime system)

Next time a resident of Hammersmith in West London is menaced by thugs on a dark, empty street or has their home broken into, they’d be well advised not to try to contact Police Constable Chris McKee.
Because likely as not, he’ll be 12,000 miles away, relaxing with his feet up at his five-bedroom home on New Zealand’s magnificent South Island.
Perhaps he’ll be sitting in his garden enjoying a glass of the excellent local pinot noir.
Or he’ll have taken the two-minute walk to his local beach, St Clair, to admire the surfers or bikini- clad sunbathers. Or even made the three hour drive to the snowy peaks of the Southern Alps, where the skiing is amongst the finest in the world.
How much fresher the air is on this unspoilt island that McKee 46, has made his home than in the grimy London Borough of Hammersmith where astonishingly, he manages to hold down a £30,000-a year full time job as an officer with the Metropolitan Police.
Incredible as it may sound to the taxpayers who pay his wages and look to him for protection McKee is just one of a growing number of policemen who live abroad while at the same time retaining responsibility for fighting crime in this country.
As a resident of New Zealand, he may be an extreme case, but he is not alone in taking advantage of the extraordinary flexible working arrangements introduced by the Met’s management.
These allow officers to stack up so much overtime that they can claim as much as five months holiday a year, months which can be spent, in mcKee’s case at his home on the other side of the world.
An increasing number of senior policeman are seriously concerned about the effect of the policy, claiming it makes a mockery of fighting crime, disrupts community policing and often makes it impossible to find officers in emergencies.
Not surprisingly the Metropolitan Police refuses to disclose the actual number of British bobbies who live abroad although a spokesman did confirm that a number of their workforce list home addresses outside the U.K.

Reading the last paragraph, makes you wonder how many more are doing it ! :shock:
Last edited by ACTIVE8 on 31 Jan 2006, 11:37, edited 2 times in total.
The Mop

Post by The Mop »

That sort of thing should be encouraged, because it fosters a climate that will be there when our turn comes to try to exploit it. :twisted:
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The Mop wrote:That sort of thing should be encouraged, because it fosters a climate that will be there when our turn comes to try to exploit it. :twisted:
No, not true at all. Those that exploit and abuse a fair system will spoil it for everyone. The system won't exist when our turn comes, it will have been stopped because those who had the first go took advantage.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Registration Number !!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I am surprised he can get away with it !

Here's an appropriate registration plate for him. :D
Which is currently available. In New Zealand.

The plate is OFICER

It also must be the longest commute to a work place.

Sorry about the double post. :shock:
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Plate On Xantia

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well here's a plate on an Xantia which might be worth more than the car, and the general public wouldn't know the year of the car although forum members will know it's an early car, a Mark 1 Xantia.

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

This plate is certainly expensive it's no wonder it didn't sell.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-XANTIA-OW ... dZViewItem
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Its back again, with a fiver knocked of the price;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6610418426

...still no bids!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Update !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

nick wrote:Its back again, with a fiver knocked of the price;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 6610418426

...still no bids!
Wow ! :shock:

Amazing price reduction now it's a bargain !

NOT !

Yes, even now there are still no bids !

Which is not surprising.

Looks like it will be relisted again !