Car wanted. Any idea's?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I know! I know! it is sooo embarrassing innit!! :oops: :roll: :oops: But if she parks it behind my ZX I wont have to look at it every time I go out the back. :D

Oddly enough though, the Pug does look bigger than the ZX, even from the inside.. :?: strange..

The Rover was nice, I may even get one when - if I ever grow up.. lol.. :D
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

James.UK wrote:The Rover was nice, I may even get one when - if I ever grow up.. lol.. :D
I did consider a Rover a while ago to replace my Xantia because they come with a direct injection diesel engine and are cheap. The ones I looked at had all rusted in the same place, its a spot on the rear wing close to where the rear bumper joins the rear wheel arch. That was one drawback the other was the fake wood that looked like it was made by melting mars bars. I'm glad I bought the Xantia instead, its been reliable and cheap to run.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Kowalski. I know what you mean about the plastic wood, there was some of it in the Mazda, but to be perfectly honest, I rather like it.. :oops:

It doesn't smell nice like the golden oldie cars used to, but neither does it crack and start peeling off.. And its a big improvement on the bland plastic fascias that are found in most cars.. I think I might decorate the interior of the ZX with wood effect wallpaper in the spring. lmho :D A ceiling mural might be nice too :shock: :D :D lol.

I'm not a lover of leather seats though, they make me sweat when its hot in the car and always tend to look old and ill fitting.. Cracked leather looks awfull and its a major job trying to restore them and make them look nice again..

Rust? *swings lamp* when I was a lad, a sun roof was made by rust, not an optional extra, and the only reason cars had mats was to cover up the rust holes in the floor. lol.. :)

Seriously though, I think people of my age (ish) were brought up in cars that were very very basic, if it had a radio it was top of the range and considered very posh. So when I am confronted with a modern all singing and dancing overcomputerised mass of lights, buttons, audio messages, keypads, etc my instinct is not to jump in and faff around, but to run a country mile!! lol..

Edit.. I forgot to mention that the Peugeot has Air con, it's a must-have for Jean..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Seriously though, I think people of my age (ish) were brought up in cars that were very very basic
I'd agree with that!! Compared to my Vitesse, the BX is positively opulent luxury management class motoring!!

In the Triumph I do have the luxury of 12 volt electrics- but fed by a dynamo,screen washers that are worked by a hand-pump,disc brakes but no servo, and there's a one (slow) speed heater fan- most of the heating is provided by the engine via the transmission tunnel.... aircon consists of folding the hood down and demisting is achieved mainly by opening a quarterlight.........

in the BX on the other hand, I have electric front windows!! a GOOD heater!! central locking!! but sadly no PAS despite the godalmighty weight of the diesel lump :(

I don't like leather seats, either- they are the sort of thing you always want, then when you get them you think 'this is no better than vinyl...' hot in summer, cold in winter, no, cloth is the best.