Chevrons on oil bottles

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

micitroen
My Cars:

Chevrons on oil bottles

Post by micitroen »

Just wondered if anyone had noticed that the cheap (43p a litre) veg oil from Lidl has a double chevron on the top of the green bottle cap....... could it be a Citroen part? Lol, Mike.
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Yes they're actually header tanks for use when refilling Citroen cooling systems, the oil inside is just a special free fuel offer for XUD drivers :wink:
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Tesco are now doing 3 litre bottles that work out at 43p a litre-no double chevron but fewer bottles to open!!!

And in the Tesco local to where I work, anyway, they have tills where you scan the product and swipe the card yourself-no more weird looks :shock: from the checkout operative............. :)
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

I knew I should have gone for the 1.9td :cry: , what would that come to once fuel duty is paid? About 60p?
99 Xsara SX HDi 105k with PSi power box- smokier but well worth the wonga!
micitroen
My Cars:

oil

Post by micitroen »

Just seen in Asda..... £1.25 for 3 litres.....thats cheap! I don't think it can be an official part though as there's no chevrons...lol. Personally, I just love the look on the face of the girl at Lidl when I walk out with 30 litres! I just love deep frying!
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.