Atten Peter Mann. Coolant..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Atten Peter Mann. Coolant..

Post by James.UK »

Hi Peter.

>>I now run with an anti-boil/anti-freeze coolant. <<

Can you tell me exactly what you are using? And who makes it please.. I did persue some stuff made by a firm called 'Evans' in the USA a while back but it was very very expensive.. Worked out at well over £100 to fill my ZX with it.. And I wasn't entirely convinced it worked anyway. dohh.. lol.. :oops:

Cheers..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

I thought that ethylene glycol depressed the freezing point and raised the boiling point?

Derek
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I found this reply from Peter posted on another thread...

>>I am using Valvoline G-05 Concentrate mixed with de-mineralized water to a 50:50 blend. I paid about A$10 per litre for the concentrate. <<

Re "Evans coolant USA" it did not use any water at all. I seem to recall they claimed that once the stuff is in your engine there was little or no pressure in the cooling system due to its high boiling point.. :?: They also claimed that it did not expand when reaching its 'freezing' point..

Aha!! found the site again :) For more info take a look at ------

http://www.evanscooling.com/index2.html

PS. A small amount of the stuff was available in the UK. I dont know if it is now though.. :?
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.