Should have bought a citroen

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ssray
My Cars:

Should have bought a citroen

Post by ssray »

We have a s 2nd car family etc a toyota hilux surf(wife bought it) with a fuel pump leak any ideas as to why it would cost £480ish+vat labour and £4-500+vat for a pump rebuild? has any one got a spare gallon of petrol and a match?bx rules this week :twisted:
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Japanese diesel engines are still a bit different in the UK, and few people are well experienced with them.

I knew someone with a Hilux Surf a little while ago which popped it's head. £1200 plus labour if you please.

The gallon of petrol and a match are starting to look like a good idea.

Either that, or leave it parked in a major french city tonight.
This is not a signature.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

The 2.4 surf seems to have a habit of head popping. The 3 litre is meant to be better.

Japanese cars (especially imports) seem to be very pricey for parts. Have been looking at the Suzuki Cappuccino recently and the parts prices are terrifying!
1986 Citroën 2cv Dolly. 133k. All shiny again!
1994 Citroën AX 1.0 Jive - girlies' workhorse GONE
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Until recently we had a Nissan Serena, it was an official UK car not one of the better spec imports, parts for it were a nightmare price, it was difficult to work on, although it was useful being big and diesel.

Its been repaced by a very cheap rover wich has so far caused us a few little headaches but has been very cheap to fix :-)
"Rust Never Sleeps" said Neil Young. Did he own old citroens?
1998 Xantia TD exclusive auto estate +3 x BX's +77' ami 8 break + 73' dyane 6 + '83 2CV6 + 94' XM 2.1 sx auto + 89' XM2.0i
+ '85' GSA + '97 XM 2.0 16v + '81 Visa super E
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Who actually makes the bits??- I say this because our Kia diesel, although Korean, actually comes with the Bosch HDI system!!!

It makes no mention of this in the handbook, but open the bonnet and thats whats there.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

In the same way that the injection pump on a Land rover TDi engine is almost identical to a PSA 1.9TD engine.

There is actually a large amount of crossover of parts between manufacturers, but the problem is that there are subtle differences for different cars. If you are unfortunate enough to have one of the rarer designs, then prices are accordingly high.
This is not a signature.
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

Its a nippon denso copy of a bosch i may have to remove it myself then it supposed to be a 8hr job :P ,then it should be £275-£675 only,my bx cost less than that to buy insure and run for a year :(