Bulbs

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

j_roc

Bulbs

Post by j_roc »

Evening to all. I was having a butchers (a look to those not in the know) at the GSF onling shop, the bulb section in paticular. I noticed that they sell those "white light"/"blue bulb" etc, etc upgrades. Have any of you had any experience with these bulbs, or can you recommend a good set, as I am sure that those of you who have driven a Xantia at night will have commented on how poor the lights are - I only noticed how bad they were the other night - Alex.
brian.r.uk

Post by brian.r.uk »

i find osram silvestar very good.had them in my xantia and now in my C5.i found the cheapest place to get them was from consumabulbs.com and they deliver free next day.hope this helps.
brian.
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

I can strongly agree with Brians advice.. The Silverstars have improved my headlights no end ! and consumabulbs are not only the best price I could find, but have scarily quick delivery !! ( I've got a 93 tdsx xant) Martin
I won't do that again
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Osram Silver stars or Phillips Vision plus are the way to go for bulbs, They are always the top 2 in any bulb test done by Auto Express mag.

Try www.powerbulbs.com

Ive used them twice & they are brilliant, Next day delivery also.

I had H4 Silver stars in the 405 & they where good, Ive got H4 Vision plus in the 206 & they are even better.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Thanks guys, I will have to look into getting a set of Silverstars (the nights are drawing in fast now) as it was only the other night that I noticed how poor the lights on the Xant REALLY are. Thanks once again - Alex.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

I had some silverstars in my last car, and they made a big difference, got them on ebay- Were really cheap as I remember. I would have a peek on there before buying elsewhere..
99 Xsara SX HDi 105k with PSi power box- smokier but well worth the wonga!
p20

Post by p20 »

Osram Silverstars are fantastic. I've had a set in my dip beam for a year now. Last week while wandering round Maplins, i spotted a set for £4.96!! :P So i've now got them in the main beam. :D Checked the Maplin website, bue they're still normal price, must have been an error. Happy days :D
307SW HDi 110
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

I might have to wait a little longer for the bulbs in the Xantia, even more so after the fiasco last week....Im using the Rover at the mo as I dont want the Xant to break down again. Funny, the Rover feels more reliable than the Xantia (take cover :mrgreen:) - Alex.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Winter is approaching - and its time to realise (again) just how truly crap the ZX headlamps are.

I must uprate them
I must uprate them
I must uprate them
I must uprate them
I must uprate them
I must uprate them
I must uprate them
I must uprate them

Headmaster.