Moved from Citroen, Web Server problem

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Same finding, the site's in derangement.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Cant says I have had any problems - I can even access it from work (and that is a very heavilly blocked / monitored server).

What problems are you getting? Email one of the admin or mod team with your specifics and see if there is any problem with the sever / ISP.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

So it's not just me thats had this problem then (I was getting more paranoid). It keeps saying : file not found - 404, but it only happens in the morning (GMT)??? - Alex.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Here it says: cannot find server, and it's happened several times for several minutes over the last hour or so.
meeper
My Cars:

Post by meeper »

The Error I've been getting this morning is as follows:

"
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the Web site home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the Web site home page.
10061 - Connection refused
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Background:
The server you are attempting to access has refused the connection with the gateway. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the server.

Time: 11/10/2005 11:07:43 GMT

"

Hope this helps,

Mark.
paulbx
My Cars:

Sounds like a stressed server

Post by paulbx »

I am sure Alan and co will talk to the hosting company.

I've had teh site 404 and then coem abck - usual symptons of servers being exhausted by number proper of requests.
Also this can happen with Denial of Service Buffer overflow attacks by hackers trying to get control of the web server.
We have weekly attempts (to attack us) to do this at my company most recent;y from Chinese absed IP addresses.
Broomie(paulB) Xantia Hdi 90 estate
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

You can certainly tell that paulbx types a lot during teh day! :D

I've also just had the site deny service (would still ping, but connections being refused) for about 10 minutes. Just back up now.
This is not a signature.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Was just off again for a few minutes.

Read the last post on this thread:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28155

Some expert should know what to make of it.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
Sid Boggle
My Cars:

Post by Sid Boggle »

Sorry, I split this post from Citroen and moved it here, and the original post got lost. It was from Malcolm Citronut.
malcolm wrote: seem to be haveing lots of problems with this site,the hole site seemed to get lost in siber space,or may be it got stuck in a black hole
regards malcolm