How much difference will it make I wonder?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

How much difference will it make I wonder?

Post by alan s »

If you remember on the old (shall we call it "Pink forum") the Peugeots and Renault forums seemed to be almost 'secreted' away, so when this one was devised, it was decided to place the three marques at the head of the forums so they all got almost equal billing.
The idea of course being that they would be placed in descending order of popularity based on the number of postings in the past.
I hope this will help make these other two forums more popular than they were and hopefully might bring us a wider member base.
What's everybodys opinion of this; reckon it'll work?

Alan S :?:
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I hope so.

It makes a lot of sense to have a Peugeot forum with a Citroen one, as there is so much parts commonality between the two, and so many modifications that can be made to both marques using parts from the other.

Personally, I'm less convinced about the Renault one, as there is far less overlap (the only think I can think of being the PRV V6 engine), and I also hate Renault cars, as I have yet to find a comfortable one, or one I fit in properly. But then that's my opinion, and I'm sure there are many people who enjoy their Reanaults, so the Renault forum is as justified as the Citroen one in an area labled "french cars"

Maybe, as a french car forum, maybe we could include marques like Talbot, Matra, Simca etc.... Whilst I'm sure these marques already have their own forums (fori?), to include them here would cover another group of vehicles that was swallowed up into the PSA group, and has an amount of parts commonality with early Peugeot vehicles.

David.
This is not a signature.
BernieLugg
My Cars:

Post by BernieLugg »

I am sure it will work fine Alan - as David says there is a lot of overlap with the Pug/Cit cars (more so since the 1980's). There is still a good Reno following though - I found this forum a few years back myself when i had a Ren - it helped me with a duff heater matrix change and saved a few beer tokens into the bargain.

No, keep the cars at the top - less segragation that way, more like one big happy family of French Car nuts. Wernt Talbot etc absorbed into PSA? or am I getting confuddled?
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

fastandfurryous wrote: forums (fori?)
Fora :wink:
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Yeah I agree a Pre-PSA forum would be good, as there are certainly a few Talbot, Matra, Simca people around and parts from say a Talbot Samba fit a Peugeot 205 or Citroen Visa.
Events Co-ordinator for :
http://www.clubpeugeotuk.org
1978 504 GL Diesel Saloon (daily drive !)
1978 104 GL 954cc (only 73 - 104s left in the UK).
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Yes, that 'orrible back sloping 1400!!!

It may be worth adding a few makes to the heading above-someone looking for help with say a Simca 1100 would spot it and perhaps be encouraged to post.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

It means we don't feel we have to hide the fact that our car doesn't have proper suspension. :D