What car to get next?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Electrical problems due to age? I know people who had new ones that played up!! The French never really seem to have got the hold of electrics which is why stuff like their current range scares me! If forced to buy new, I'd settle for a nice, simple C15 instead!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Didnt realise you could still get new C15's.
I dont like the newest ones as much (V-reg onwards i think) because they abandoned the XUD engine.
I think the 1769 N/A XUD is the best diesel I've ever driven (in BX17RD, VISA 17D, BX TZD and C15) they are powerful enough, economical and as simple as you could want a diesel to be.
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Yes they still do make it[:0]http://www.citroen.co.uk/level3/modelpa ... getype=C15 so what diesel engine is it if not an xud[?]
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I dont actually know what engine is called, same 1.9 unit as in bertielingo and boxer etc.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stinkwheel</i>

I dont actually know what engine is called, same 1.9 unit as in bertielingo and boxer etc.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I think the engine is designated DW8, or at least the direct injection unit that the Berlingo got was. I'm not exactly sure of the details of it, but I think it's related to the XUD in the same way that the 8 valve 2 litre HDI engines were, i.e. it shares a lot of engineering with it.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Yep, saw a 55 plate C15 at the weekend. Very odd!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Im glad they still knock em out, the visa lives on :-)
A much under-rated car. (as i tell anyone who cars to listen)